Lead Back-end Developer (Ruby)
Parliamentary Digital Service
From £49,500 to £62,023
What we're looking for: A developer with Ruby experience to join our growing Development team. You will join a team of front and back-end developers and web operations engineers based in a Parliamentary Estate.
The role: You'll be working on a new website for Parliament that intends to make the UK Parliament a leader in digital democracy.
The new website will be data driven, have user needs at its heart, be developed incrementally and in the open. The new website will create an information space that will increase engagement, drive understanding and support transactions with Parliament.
You'll work in a friendly and creative agile environment, within multi-disciplinary product teams, spending 100% of your working time developing software for new services.
You’ll provide technical guidance and support for your colleagues and help the team grow and develop.
You'll be working collaboratively with Product Managers, Delivery Managers, User Researchers, Designers, Front-end Developers, Data and Technical Architects, Testers and Web Operations Engineers as well our Data and Search platform team.
Who you are: You're an experienced developer who's used to working on multiple products and services simultaneously.
You're used to working autonomously and working collaboratively with technical and non-technical teams across a large organisation.
You’re a great communicator that can provide guidance through example as well as in person.
What you'll need:
· Agile methodologies
· REST and web services
What you may have:
What we offer:
· starting salary of between £49,500 and £62,023 (depending on experience)
· 28 days holiday
· flexible working
· access to training and development
· excellent pension scheme
· Pluralsight license
Sound like you? If you have an interest is joining our team then please apply.
Salary range £49,500 — 62,023
Dependent upon experience
More like this
- Front-end developer at Messly
- Ruby on Rails Developer/Manager at DA Languages
- Software Engineer | Full Stack (Lead) at Scape Technologies
- Lead Full Stack Developer - Web/ IOT at Archangel Imaging
- Campaign Coordinator at Tailify
- Frontend and backend software engineers at CrowdJustice
- Full Stack Developer at Subsec
- Front End Developer at Shepper
- Junior / Mid-level Front-end Engineer at re:infer
- Senior Front End Developer (React) at Festicket