Maison Sport is the platform for independent ski and snowboard instructors in The Alps. Our mission is to connect skiers and snowboarders with amazing, independent instructors, whilst enabling the instructors to increase their earnings and work in a more flexible way.
We are looking for a lead backend web developer to help improve and scale our platform. You’ll build your own team of developers to help you drive our ambitious goals for the product. You'll need to have a track record of creating and maintaining interactive web apps, delivering high-quality software and guiding/mentoring fellow team members.
As the lead developer, you will be responsible for the strategic development of the platform – whether that’s codebase language, application architecture or hosting infrastructure.
This is a brilliant opportunity to take an existing, successful, live web application to the next level.
Owning the development, testing, deployment and technical strategy of Maison Sport.
Building out and leading the Maison Sport technical team, in a hands-on development capacity.
- PHP 7 or Ruby
- Working knowledge of React.js
- AWS and Continuous Deployment
- Browser testing and multi-browser/multi-platform compatibility
- Familiarity with accessibility standards
- Strong grasp of data protection and web application security principles
- Strong experience of implementing and managing payment processors
- Agile software development experience
- Good interpersonal skills, for managing and mentoring other team members.
- Comfortable interpreting, analysing and discussing project requirements with the wider Maison Sport team.
- Open to learning new technologies and methodologies
- Understand the basics of user experience and user-centric design
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days of paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Additional leave for professional development
- Work from home on Fridays
- Team ski/snowboard trip
- Share options in the company
Minimum of 2+ years of commercial experience. Salary is subject to location London/Edinburgh and experience. To be considered for this job you must have valid documentation to live and work in the UK.
Salary range £40,000 — 90,000
Dependent on experience and location
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Product Manager at ContentCal
- Software Engineer (Integrations) - Spanish Speaker at Wagestream
- Full-stack Engineer at Stotles
- Lead Software Engineer at Jangala
- Partnerships Manager, EMAA at VIllage Capital
- Lead Front End Developer - sustainable investment at Neural Alpha
- Full-stack Software Engineer at Alva Health
- Social Media & Content Marketing Intern at Doreming
- Head of People at Yapily
- Ruby on Rails developer at LearnerShape