We created Waggel because we believe technology can make pet ownership easier and more affordable for dog and cat owners. In the year since our inception we've grown from a tiny company that could be fed on a single pizza to a team of 10, backed by a multi-million pound investment (to pay for todays multi-pizza lunches). We launched our pet insurance product in December 2018, which was featured on TechCrunch and are proud to say we're continuing to surpass all targets.
Our mission is to leverage technology to fundamentally change how we interact with and manage our pets lives. We want Waggel to be the ultimate pet membership platform covering all aspects of pet ownership from health and nutrition to insurance and communities.
To do this we need to continue to grow and as a result we're looking somebody to join our team to assist with delivering Waggel’s communication strategy. You'll be working closely along side the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & Digital Marketing Manager.
- Creative - Willing to take ownership of Waggel’s voice and orchestrate messaging across the entire brand.
- Writing - Passionate writer
- Researcher - Data driven - you write with purpose and with an agenda to ensure relevancy and effectiveness of your written work.
- Proactive - Bring ideas to the table, over step your boundaries and challenge those around you.
- Agile - Comfortable enough with your writing that you can handle a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Customer centric - You will put the customer experience first at all times.
- Confident communicator - Experience in sharing results with a variety of stakeholders.
- Dog friendly - You love and are not allergic to dogs (we have several in the office).
- Curating and championing Waggel’s tone of voice to ensure consistency across the company and in all communications
- You need to make sure that the Waggel’s voice is consistent across all our channels: web, app, emails, ads, social and PR.
- Creating a consistent and targeted editorial calendar.
- Edit content produced by other members of the team to ensure consistency in voice and tone.
- Create one-off campaigns as well as putting together an ongoing content strategy to help grow the brand.
- You will be the main of point of contact for any PR initiative, which includes reaching out and building relationships with media outlets and journalists.
- Building out our content strategy to ensure our blog reflects current and emerging trends, seasonality and timeliness. This should be supported by data.
- A natural flair for words.
- Exceptional writing skills with samples of previous work.
- The ability to make sure that all copy is clear, simple and on point.
- Attention to detail.
- SEO experience
- Team mentality - we work together, take risks together, celebrate together and stay humble together.
- Keyword expertise
- Journalistic background
- Experience working at a fintech/FCA regulated company is preferred
Salary range £35,000 — 40,000
More like this
- Project Manager at Borne Digital
- Senior Software Backend Engineer at Midnite
- Senior Full Stack Developer at Arkk Solutions
- Director of Education at Nomad Academy
- Senior Front-End Developer at Browser London
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Senior PHP Developer at Agent Software Ltd
- Digital Campaign Manager at HubbleHQ
- Senior Developers at VirtualSystems Limited
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify