FLYT is on a mission to change the way the world flies. We are a small team with sky high ambitions who are passionate about flying helicopters and showing the benefits of helicopter travel to others. With exceptional technology and aviation experience we are building an online platform that allows passengers to book helicopters easily.
You’ll be joining our small dynamic team made up of myself, an entrepreneur and pilot, James our aviation industry expert, and a team of great software developers. Our product is revolutionary and we are growing fast. Now we need a Lead Engineer to help us make our exciting future plans a reality. Could this be you?
We're looking for a Lead Engineer to help us design, manage and assist in building our platform. You will be responsible for defining & executing our technology strategy at an executive level. Your job will involve both strategic, long term planning as well as daily iterative execution.
Technologies we work with include:
Server-side: Ubuntu 14.04, Apache, MYSQL, PHP, Laravel
Client-side: HTML, CSS, JS, NODEJS, SCSS, AngularJS 4
What you’ll be doing (responsibilities):
- Drive technical, architectural, and organizational decisions, making sure we build a scalable, efficient, and maintainable platform
- Review engineering team progress and report back to MD
- Assist in developing APIs and 3rd party integrations
- Define and refine engineering processes
- Design API specifications and solutions architecture
- Work with the business team, as well as clients, to help turn product requirements into technical specifications
- Help implement best practices, coding guidelines, design documents and code reviews
- Define engineering culture
What you bring (required skills / interests):
- Experience: Experience taking new products to market
- Motivation: Hands on. Self starter. Passionate. High personal productivity: you are a do-er first
- Collaboration: Experience operating within small cross functional teams
- Judgement: Good technical judgement, along with a natural inclination to formulate hypotheses, design tests, and use problem-solving techniques to evaluate solutions.
- Flexibility: Willingness to operate at highly strategic and highly tactical levels. Passion for every aspect of the job with excitement for the different areas we operate in.
- Perseverance: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away.
- Communication: a great listener, you appreciate requirements and motivations quickly. You can articulate and sell a vision to both technical and non-technical audiences with equal comfort.
- Leadership: You are a leader and mentor who is able to get the best out of a team.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software development. Examples of products with your fingerprints all over them - you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Strong understanding of complex system design
- Strong understanding of massively scalable infrastructure design
What You’ll Receive
- Opportunity - Given FLYT’s current size, potential & BIG plans the opportunity for advancement in the role and company is considerable.
- Ownership - You will be a key member of our team with responsibility for your own area of the business, which will have a major impact on the company’s success.
- Personal growth - we are a small team of smart people who challenge each other to be better every day.
- A great work space at the London Heliport with great views of the River Thames
- Competitive salary / travel expenses to be discussed.
- Great company culture – we believe work should be a fun, collaborative space where we are constantly challenged & rewarded. However, all work & no play makes Jack a dull boy - spontaneous outings are obligatory.
- Competitive salary / Travel expenses to be discussed.
In order to apply, please complete the application form and upload your CV. We look forward to hearing from you!
No recruiters please.
More like this
- Senior Software Engineer at Everpress
- Data Engineer at Rotageek
- Product Lead at Plural AI
- Head of Product at W A L L Y G L O B A L
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Trussle
- Senior Product Designer at Made by Many
- React Developer at Rotageek
- UX/UI Designer at Series Eight
- Marketing Manager at We Make Websites
- Junior Analyst at BrickVest