Lead Full Stack Developer - Web/ IOT
Archangel Imaging is a startup developing distributed intelligence and advanced unmanned camera systems. We have worked on World Record projects and have developed unique machine vision payloads including edge AI devices featured at BT Augmented Intelligence 2018 (winner), Dubai’s Robotics for Good award in 2017 (finalist) and at Innovate 2017 exhibition.
Our mission is to helporganisations gain and manage easily machine vision capability on edge devices deployed in remote areas, such as in automated search and rescue operations, sea crime monitoring and environmental protection missions. Our products combine cutting-edge machine learning with specialist cameras, advanced communication terminals and different levels of swarm intelligence to meet this challenge.
We are looking for an innovative, multi-disciplinary, ambitious Software Engineer with a strong experience in back-end and front-end development for IoT or real-time data deployments . You will work with our machine vision developers and engineers to develop the system that manages our smart camera IoT devices and presents the gathered data to users.
This is your chance to join at a time when you can influence design, frameworks and toolset decisions
Examples of responsibilities:
- Front-end: Build website layout/user interface by using modern and design practices. Back-end: Develop the systems to manage devices and the data they generate.
- Maintain, expand, and scale our services as required. Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends and put them into practice
- Prepare and maintain software documentation. Produce well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
With various projects we have, depending on your skill set and interests you can also develop skills in machine learning and hardware prototyping. We are a small company who like to do big impactful things and we are seeking someone who shares that mindset. We want you to grow with us.
Interested applicants may also join first as a fixed-term consultant although we prefer to find a good permanent match.
Essential skills/ experience:
- 2+ years' experience of working in a similar full stack position.
- Minimum BSc in computer science or other related area.
- Significant experience and knowledge with modern technologies such as Node.js, MongoDB, React, SQL, NoSQL, Message brokers, Data pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Proficient English, proactive attitude; independent problem-solver; strong organisational skills and can prioritisetasks, produce thorough quality work and meet deadlines.
- Good ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment; interested in working in a start-up; can learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
Desirable skills/ experience:
- Good experience with Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Experience with cloud deployment, network diagnostics, data analytics
- Experience/ knowledge in machine vision, connectivity or security protocols;
- Agile software development; Prototyping
- We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.
- You will be making impact early and regularly - build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
- Potential bonus and equity for excellent impact
- Options for flexible working hours, (some) working from home
- Travel and training bursaries, as needed
- Gym discounts, cinema half price forever, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
- The buzzing Harwell Space Campus (the UK future answer to Silicon Valley) with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
Location : New hires to join our office in Harwell Campus, which is 20 minutes' drive from central Oxford or 5-10 minutes from Wantage or Didcot. There is also a regular private Science Shuttle bus service (not shown on Google Maps) every half an hour from various stops in central Oxford. Depending on the projects, there will also be overseas travel; for 2018 this will likely be Malaysia (Dubai in 2017 and Belgium in 2016).
Further Details: Please apply as soon as possible by sending a CV and a cover letter to the email below. For questions please write to applications [at] archangel [dot] im. This role will close once suitable applicants are appointed, with the start date negotiable.
To comply with data protection laws, we keep all candidates' personal data confidential and secure while their applications are being considered and remove such data as soon as possible (in the same month) once a decision has been reached.
TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP
We are only licensed to sponsor candidates who are already in the UK on certain visas that can switch to Tier 2.
All candidates requiring tier 2 visa are welcome to apply and will be considered alongside all other applications, but please note that the limited numbers of sponsorship certificates would need to be reserved for exceptional talents. In other words, the non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. Those currently exempted from this test are in-country Tier 4 visa holders, for example. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration.
**No recruitment agencies please**
Salary range £35,000 — 65,000
Absolutely depending on your level of experience and skills match.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Tech Co-Founder / Tech Lead at Onigo
- Product Manager at Jukedeck Limited
- Full Stack Developer at Subsec
- Product Manager - SaaS at People.io
- Software Engineer | Full Stack (Lead) at Scape Technologies
- Java Developer at hackajob
- Head of Analysis at Policy in Practice
- Full Stack Engineer at Vinterior
- React Developer w/stock options (London FinTech) at Expend Ltd