Archangel Imaging is a startup building AI-enabled camera systems for remote areas with poor connectivity. We solve the challenge of monitoring large remote areas, using our system, along with robots, drones, human teams, and a smart web dashboard to coordinate everything easily and quickly for different missions. We have worked on World Record projects and have developed unique machine vision payloads including a multi-spectral imagers featured at Dubai’s Robotics for Good award in Feb, 2017, Innovate 2017 exhibition and won the BT Augmented Intelligence award in 2018.
- Architect the back-end and middleware solutions for our web apps, iOS and Android apps that interact with remote embedded devices.
- Interact with the other development teams to ensure a complete system design.
- Design and develop key components
- Recruit to grow the back-end development team
- Manage the development team to deliver quality outputs, following agile methodologies.
- Mentor, coach and develop the team
- Interested applicants may also join first as a fixed-term consultant although we prefer to find a good permanent match.
HIGHLY RELEVANT SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
- Customer / user engagement experience
- Back-end and middleware system design experience
- Multi-platform architecture / design experience
- Scalable IoT solutions experience
- SaaS / B2B / Multi-customer development and deployment experience
- Rapid / iterative development skills
- Full-stack design and development experience
- Significant experience with multiple modern technology stacks such as Node, GO, Express, MongoDB, SQL, NoSQL, MQTT, Kafka, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes, Message Brokers, etc.
- Security essentials, session management, etc.
- Experience with multiple modern full-stack technology stacks such as MEAN, MERN, React, Vue, Angular
- Team lead experience
- Familiarity with Devops, TDD, BDD, CI, CD etc.
- Experience with cloud deployment, network diagnostics and data analytics
- LoRa, Wi-Fi, Iridium, 3G, 4G experience
- Early stage startup experience preferred
- Embedded software experience beneficial
- We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.
- You will be making impact early and regularly - build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
- Potential bonus and equity for excellent impact
- Options for flexible working hours, (some) working from home
- Travel and training bursaries, as needed
- Gym discounts, cinema half price forever, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
- The buzzing Harwell Space Campus (the UK future answer to Silicon Valley) with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
Location: Our core team is currently based in Harwell Space Campus, with near-term plans to move our office base to central Oxford/ London. Full time remote work is not currently possible. Depending on the projects, there will also be overseas travel; for 2018 this will likely be Malaysia (Dubai in 2017 and Belgium in 2016).
Questions? Please write to recruitment [at] archangel [dot] im. This role will close once suitable applicants are appointed, with the start date negotiable.
Data protection: To comply with data protection laws, we keep all candidates' personal data confidential and secure while their applications are being considered and remove such data as soon as possible once a decision has been reached.
TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP
We are only licensed to sponsor candidates who are already in the UK on certain visas that can switch to Tier 2.
All candidates requiring tier 2 visa are welcome to apply and will be considered alongside all other applications, but please note that the limited numbers of sponsorship certificates would need to be reserved for exceptional talents. In other words, the non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. Those currently exempted from this test are in-country Tier 4 visa holders, for example. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website
**No recruitment agencies please**
Salary range £45,000 — 65,000
Dependent on your contribution level and impact