Our vision is to change the way the way the NHS recruits it temporary staff. We are looking for a lead software engineer to join our team who is passionate about redefining one of the largest recruitment services in the world.
Start: June 2017
Based: Central London
Salary: £ competitive + Equity Options
Messly Locum is a SaaS platform connecting healthcare workers directly with hospitals for temporary work.
The roadmap includes an evolution to a full-service end-end platform managing the hospital and doctors recruitment needs.
We are fully-funded backed by a leading team of London angel investors. Our current product is in-market with paying customers in hospitals across London and we have several thousand doctors registered.
We are currently a small team with an outsourced development team. You’ll be thefirst internal tech hire.
We are looking for a talented and experienced full-stack software engineer with expertise with both front-end and back-end development.
You who will not-only be hands-on in coding our tech infrastructure, but will also be responsible for building and leading an internal tech team working in an agile workflow. You will also help support and advise technical integrations with partnering organisations. You will be well positioned to become our CTO as the company grows.
You are an ambitious developer, looking to take a leap into a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with like-minded people. You will relish the opportunity andchallenge of taking the technical lead, working closely with the product and sales team to deliver on the vision.
• Design, develop, test, and deploy a highly scalable, multi-layered cloud software application
• Design, develop, test, and scale mobile software application
• Positively influence the building of both the technical team and the broader Company
• Conduct code reviews and design sessions
• Work in a highly collaborative, mission-driven, agile product team
• Write high quality, testable code
• Write test harnesses to validate code
• Track project status and communicate progress to management and stakeholders
• Strong programming skills (OO programming) and a track record of making things happen
• You have shipped at least one broadly used product, and can provide technical leadership/supervision to internal and contracted developers.
• Ability to make architecture decisions that prioritise security and scalability, while ensuring the codebase is easy to maintain
• Experience building and deploying databases
• Heroku, AWS or Azure experience
• Frontend experience with IE legacy browsers (Preferred)
• You have a passion for excellence and well architected, scalable, quality software deployments
• Super productive and driven to get stuff done according to (or exceeding) the roadmap
• Manage an existing outsourced development team and eventually transition to an internal tech team
• Experience working in teams of product managers and designers
• Preference to follow a software development process such as agile development, scrum, etc. over waterfall or ad-hoc development.
• Interest in MedTech and HealthTech
• GitHub profiles or any other open source code you're proud of
• Project Euler profile
Salary range £35,000 — 50,000
Plus equity options (1% - 3%)
More like this
- UX Designer at Messly
- Head of Product at Pia
- Ruby on Rails Developer/Manager at DA Languages
- Senior Full Stack Engineer at Flock Ltd
- Full Stack Developer at Canvas
- Software Engineer at Ding Products
- Java Developer at Brandwatch
- Senior DevOps Engineer at Spektrix
- Senior Software Engineer at Certain Six
- Junior / Mid-weight Front-end Engineer at re:infer