Drive digital marketing and launch new products for a purposeful, transparent brand
Do you care about making an impact using your marketing instincts? Do you love setting direction as much as getting into the nitty gritty of a paid search campaign? Is A/B testing second nature to you? Are you thinking about SEO keywords every time you’re writing? If this sounds like you, read on!
GrantTree are government funding experts. Over the last six years we have raised over £48 million for our clients. Our strong values-led brand reaches thousands of startups and other innovative companies. In fact, we already help more than 20% of UK software companies the first time they claim R&D tax credits - but we want to do more.
Right now, we have a beautiful new website full of informative content that does well in organic search and has a growing social element. Over the coming year we want to prototype new services, enter new markets, and strengthen our online presence. To make this happen, we’re expanding our marketing team.
That’s where you come in as our second Marketing Manager.
As an all-rounder specialising in digital, you will have a key role to play in crafting our communications strategy. But this role is not only about planning, it’s just as much about rolling up your sleeves to get things done. The best part? This a job where you’re free to use your judgement and do what you think will have the biggest impact. So if you think an event or PR campaign would be more effective than an email newsletter, you can go ahead and organise one.
After six months
- You will understand our marketing proposition and how it feeds into our wider business strategy
- You'll have made significant steps (including a full keyword audit) to boosting our search engine ranking
- The workings of our Wordpress site will be deeply familiar to you, so you can craft landing pages, analyse traffic and make data-based decisions to increase our conversion rate
- You will be a catalyst for the success of our new products, identifying target customers and the most effective ways to get in touch with them
- Your engaging content will be used in our newsletters, social media and sales collateral, as well as on our website
- You have experience (probably over the course of 5 years) in digital and strategic B2B marketing
- You are adept at using data to measure how your work is going
- You are comfortable using website analytics tools (including Google Analytics)
- You love writing copy and have superb attention to detail
GrantTree was founded 6 years ago and employs 27 people. In our culture everyone has the freedom, power and trust to do great work. We call this open culture. It’s been successful for us so far, although it's not for everyone (we suggest you check out our GlassDoor reviews).
We believe that people should be rewarded fairly for the work they do. At GrantTree there is transparency over salaries and the way we work them out. For this role, this is likely to lie between £34k and £38k. We also have an annual profit sharing scheme for the whole team.
Aside from money, we offer a great environment where you can be yourself. We want you to develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We have a flexible approach to working, and some of our staff work remotely most of the time. You can also take up to 6 weeks as holiday.
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. Applications are welcomed from everyone, regardless of the categories they fit into. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’, who don’t neatly fit into the person specification, to apply.
Salary range £34,000 — 38,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Marketing Lead at Paddle
- Full stack developer at Happiness Works
- Head of Engineering at Newspaper Club
- Marketing woman or man at Eco Companion
- Head of Growth Marketing at Forward Partners
- Growth & Partnerships Manager at Makers Academy
- Java Software Engineer at Constant Commerce
- Customer Success Manager at Akkroo
- Senior Product Engineer at Hubble
- Full Stack Lead Developer at futureCodersSE CIC