Marketing Manager - Utilities (US-based)
ev.energy is a technology company on a mission to decarbonize mobility. Recently named “World’s Best Energy Start-up,” we are a team of former management consultants, data scientists and software developers working on an industry-leading algorithm that obtains real-time data from utilities to charge electric vehicles with the cheapest, greenest energy available while supporting the long-term stability and resilience of the power grid. We are a Certified B Corp™ with offices in London and Palo Alto, but operate as a remote team across the US to serve our growing base of utilities, retailers and Community Choice Aggregators (CCAs).
Following a number of major contract wins, we are looking for a talented marketing professional with experience in the utility industry to support marketing and growth for our utility partners at ev.energy. In this role, you will be responsible for shaping marketing strategy and executing campaigns designed to grow the residential EV charging programs we implement with our utility partners.
Day to day, you’ll work closely with our utility counterparts and ev.energy’s internal commercial and growth teams to develop a stream of outstanding communications and initiatives, including digital marketing, community partnerships, press coverage, awards and announcements.
We’re looking for a candidate with a proven track record of building and executing communications and marketing plans across a variety of channels. Reporting to the Head of Growth, and working closely with the Head of North America, this position will be fully remote, ideally positioned within the ET time zone to bridge US and European markets.
· To work closely with the Head of Growth and Head of North America to devise and implement marketing plans that grow the number of EV drivers enrolled in our utility programs
· To collaborate with your utility counterparts on marketing plan design and implementation, ensuring the program’s benefits are clearly and accurately communicated to EV drivers in a compelling manner
· To work closely with our digital agency to create “test and learn” campaigns
· 2-3 years of cross-functional digital marketing experience
· Experience working directly in or adjacent to the energy, utility or automotive industries
· Deep knowledge of and experience in digital marketing campaigns, from strategy to content creation to implementation and reporting
· Understanding of the end-to-end customer journey within a utility program and experience working with CRM platforms (e.g. Braze) that manage this
· Experience with measurement tools such as Google Analytics, social media platforms and SEMRush to track progress, measure results and drive improvements in key metrics
If you don’t meet all of the above requirements, please apply anyway! We would love to hear from all kinds of people and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants from non-traditional backgrounds, startup or tech experience is not a prerequisite.
We will support you with
· A brand new Macbook loaded with all the tools and software you need to work effectively
· Everything you need to work remotely, investing in your home working setup or paying for access to a co-working space
· Funded access to conferences, training and meetups
· Fully-loaded benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
The important details
· Starting: Immediately
· Location: Remotely based on the east coast of the United States (you must be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot sponsor visas)
· Salary: $60,000-$75,000 per year
· Equity: a significant number of shares in the company vesting over 4 years
· Annual Leave: 24 days per year + US Federal holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More like this
- Full Stack Software Developer at CAST
- Product Designer at Encore
- Client facing Frontend Developer at Day Digital
- Head of Sales at inploi
- Marketing Manager at Playter
- Technical Recruiter (Part-Time, Remote) at Desana
- Creative Copywriter at PayFit UK
- Chief Commercial Officer at Hyperiondev
- Head of Partnerships - Universities at Hyperiondev
- Lead Software Engineer at Hyperiondev