Wevat was founded in London in 2016 as the first digital VAT refund provider for international travellers. So far, we've helped refund travellers from 88 countries more than €18 million on their shopping.
Wevat aims to make the tax-free shopping experience convenient, efficient and trustworthy for travellers with its revolutionary digital solution and customer- focused service. We believe getting tax back on your shopping should be simple and hassle-free, so you can spend your time and money on better things. Wevat is launching its service in Europe to let travellers shop tax free on the go in France.
Wevat is backed by experienced investors including Entrée Capital, firstminute Capital, Sweet Capital, and Andy Phillips, former CEO of Priceline (part of Booking Holdings Inc.). We also have strong partnerships and seamless integration with innovative payment providers such as Alipay, WeChat Pay and Checkout.com.About the role
We are rebuilding this industry from scratch as we become the definitive tax refund service for travellers all over the world. The kind of company that doesn't need travellers to know anything about tax or touch a paper form. The kind of company that proactively gives tax authorities access to its data and informs them when there's something fishy.
As an iOS engineer at Wevat, you’ll work closely with the product team to make our mission a reality. You'll be the sole iOS engineer on our team, so expect to be writing lots of code and ensuring that our Apple platform is reliable.
Our product team currently consists of an Android engineer, backend engineer, frontend engineer, product designer and a product manager. We are looking for a full time hire that will slot into this team and who can take our iOS app to the next level.
The position will be fully remote (within European timezones).You'll do:
- Implementing new features on our iOS app (native Swift, UIKit based, declarative UI, MVVM architecture with strong use of Reactive coding principles).
- Improve our platform codebase by writing readable and maintainable code, refactoring and cleaning up legacy features.
- Helping us improve the UI and UX of our mobile apps by bouncing ideas and suggestions.
- Participating in code reviews for Android, and mobile team testing sessions.
- More than 3 years of working in software development.
- More than 2 years of hands on project experience in working as an iOS developer.
- Proven experience developing, releasing and maintaining an application on the App Store.
- Experience with managing continuous integration pipelines for iOS (we’re using Fastlane and Bitrise).
- Good understanding of Git source control concepts in a team setting.
- Good understanding of object oriented code standards and relevant patterns.
- Understanding of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines.
- Someone who is very focused and self motivated.
- Experience working in a remote environment (open source projects count!).
- Ability to raise any blockers you have efficiently, so the team can help you keep moving at a fast pace.
- Ability to thrive whilst working in a small/agile team without a lot of structure or chance to be mentored.
- Flexible working environment. We care mostly about results!
- The whole team is working fully remotely, so no hybrid remote/in office meetings.
- Working in a dynamic and fast-growing tech startup.
- A friendly, multi-cultural and ambitious team (meet our team here: https://www.wevat.com/wevat-team-en)
- A monthly wellness budget that you can spend on all things to keep you happy and healthy.
- 28 days of holiday + a “no working on your birthday” policy!
- We have in-office days once a week for London team members (or budget for co-working spaces if you’re elsewhere).
- A generous salary/stock option package.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and reference projects (if any) to [email protected] before 11th Feb 2022.
Salary range £50,000 — 70,000
Plus some stock options :)
More like this
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Product Designer at Magnetic Rock
- UX / UI Designer at Series Eight
- Senior Software Engineer at NearSt
- Product Design Lead with UX background at Flow Bio
- Data Analyst Teacher (fully remote) at Boolean
- Senior Backend Devloper at Alvius
- Enterprise Sales Manager at Sideways 6
- Senior Engineer at Ripley Chat