Onboarding and support specialist for an events app (contractor)
The big picture - we sell, onboard and account manage the products and services of tech companies that are looking to gain traction abroad without the risk and cost of setting up there. This specific role is to onboard and support customers on an events app.
This is a great opportunity for someone to get in early as a founding member whilst making some decent coin. This will initially not require much of your time however you will need to have flexibility during the day (perfect as a side project for someone). This role is as much about managing relationships and problem solving as it is about tech.
When one of our sales team makes a sale for an event or a series of events, it's assigned to a support specialist (you). You'll make initial contact with the client for an 'onboarding call' during which you'll confirm with them what they want and what that means in terms of configuring the app for their purpose. This is usually a back and forth process and, on average, takes hours not days.
Once the onboarding process is complete and the event is ready, we switch to support mode. This consists of:
- testing the app before the event to make sure it works
- calling the client just before the event to see if they need any assistance
- being available to them during the event in case something goes wrong - sometimes we can troubleshoot level one issues and sometimes we have to escalate them to our tech team
- contacting the client post event to see how things went
- 10% of revenue (not a salaried position)
- Can work remotely
- You won't have to do anything until we've made a sale then it will be handed over to you.
Note - this is an opportunity to get involved in a startup that's currently in the garage stage.Ideal for
- A student/recent graduate looking for startup experience and a side hustle
- A freelancer looking to add another project to their calendar
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Junior Data Engineer at Rotageek
- Digital marketing manager at Browser
- Back-end developer at Browser
- 😇 Member Manager at Beam
- 📰 Communications Manager at Beam
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Backend Engineer | Ruby | Junior, Mid & Senior at Cleo AI Ltd
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Infrastructure Engineer at re:infer