Job title: Software Engineering Morning Instructor
Programming experience: 2+ years
Position: Fully remote
Contract type: Part-time / Freelance (4 hours a day)
Boolean is looking for experienced software developers to teach coding to highly motivated students who are looking to start a new career. This position is fully remote and part-time/freelance.
- Who are we
Boolean is an online academy that helps passionate people become software engineers.
We take people with lots of potential and turn them into quality developers through our intensive, full-time course. The course lasts 6 months and takes place fully online.
We've taken the best of classroom teaching (1:1 support, pair and group work, sense of community) and we've fused it with online lessons. In this way, we've been able to create an intensive full-time course with live teaching, that you can follow from the comfort of your home. At the end of the course, we help our students find their first job in tech: we're proud to say our employment rate is 95%.
Our teaching team in Italy is made up of more than 30 top-level developers, who decided to mix their passion for coding with a desire to have a positive impact on other people's lives. In the UK, you'll be working closely with 2 Instructors, and more as we continue to grow. Being part of the Boolean team means wanting to create a growth environment where students come first - from admissions through to placement. Our greatest pride is in the quality, care, and dedication with which we help our students every day to find their way in the world.
- What does a Morning Instructor do?
A Morning Instructor teaches the lectures to one of our classes. Classes are typically 20-30 students. Lectures include: a live code review of the previous exercise, introducing students to new concepts & live demos, and setting mini exercises for students to practice with. You'll co-ordinate with the Afternoon Instructors about which practice exercise students will complete during the afternoon. Morning Instructors are available between 9:00 and 13:30 Monday to Friday.
The work doesn't stop with teaching coding: Instructors helps students understand the DNA of a developer, injecting them with a thirst for knowledge, problem-solver mindset, and a healthy dose of geekiness.
- This role is for you if:
- You like writing code and you've always thought you'd be good at making other people passionate about coding
- You love sharing your skills and knowledge
- You have patience and empathy to pass on your passion to other people
- You want to have a real impact on people's lives
- You've got good practical experience with HTML, CSS, JS, React and Typescript: you might not have worked on big projects in all of these, but you know how to solve any problem you come across
- Why should you be an Instructor:
- Knowing how to do something is good, but knowing how to do something well enough to explain it to someone else is a whole new level. Teaching helps you become a better professional:, you learn how to get into the nitty-gritty of a problem, and learn the concepts which often get neglected
- It's a role that works really well remotely: you can do lessons wherever you are, as long as you've got a good internet connection
- There's no equal to the satisfaction you get from changing someone's life, and helping them start a new and fulfilling career
Start by editing this text…
Salary range £30,000 — 40,000
More like this
- Programme / Operations Manager (part remote) at Sigma Labs XYZ
- Teacher - Data & Digital Mindset at Decoded
- Product Manager at Steer73
- Head of Customer Success at Duel Tech
- Sales Development Representative at Marvel App
- Senior Software Developer at Flair
- Senior Software Engineer at Desana
- Backend Engineer at ev.energy
- Technical Project Manager at Desana
- Technical Project Manager (Remote) at ev.energy