Our mission is to help software companies succeed - enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $17m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
About the role
Paddle's Platform is changing and expanding dramatically and you will have the chance to define this role within the business. You will be dedicated to maximizing the performance of Paddle’s systems by identifying and fixing problems that affect the end users. You will automate everything in this area so that our development teams can work in a fully self-service mode and you will have the chance to shape the software we use, our systems and our ways of working. The code primarily writes code in Python or Go and you will be required to manage our IAM configuration via integration with our internal identity management systems.
What you will do
- As a Platform Engineer at Paddle you will be primarily looking to build automated systems to maintain and improve the systems which support our development teams. This will be similar to the work of Site Reliability Engineers, but in a company where all of our systems run on top of cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Drive joint code ownership between different development teams and platforms
- Build tests, largely automated, to verify that platform changes are safe
- Build automation into verifying the security of our platform and support systems
- Use automation to ensure audit trails are active throughout Paddle's systems and that they are properly monitored by SOC
- Support SOC Engineers and Development Teams in solving system problems
- You have experience in using DevOps techniques to ensure continuous delivery of valuable systems software.
- You can effectively work with multiple configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, Salt, Chef
- You can write code in more than one scripting or development language e.g. Python, Ruby, Bash, Go, C, or Rust
- You have a good working knowledge of Amazon AWS, especially VPC, ECS, AWS Lambda, and permissions management through IAM
- You have good Linux and IP networking system administration skills
- You have a strong interest in security and experience of using automated tools to ensure that security goals are met
You are extra awesome if
- You are able to support Test Driven Development, working on testing frameworks and tools including an understanding of performance testing and behavior driven development
- You are able to rapidly learn and work with new systems and quickly identify the costs v.s. benefits, risks, and opportunities
- You have experience working in multi-cloud-systems and building hybrid cloud systems e.g. Google cloud, OpenStack, OpenShift and similar.
What’s in it for you
We are a diverse team of 100 people (quickly on our way to 180+) based near London Bridge. We care deeply about enabling a great culture as we scale, which is inclusive no matter your background, rewarding for you and enables high performance, which is why we offer these (constantly evolving) benefits:
- Fair compensation: you’ll get a competitive salary, share options to succeed if we do, and pension contributions matched up to 3%.
- Empowered to succeed: a transparent culture where you can speak up and have an impact, work the way you prefer whether it’s the latest Macbook, a standing desk or flexible hours, and 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Meaningful work: highly collaborative work culture with a tangible impact of your work on our success and that of our customers.
- Enjoyable team work: very friendly and respectful culture, lots of free food from a welcome team meal to Tuesday catered lunches to Friday drinks and your pick of social activities, whether you want to join our football team, in-office yoga lessons or board game nights.
- Learning & growing: constant exposure to new challenges as we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, dedicated onboarding as well as regular internal and external training we’ll pay for.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Back-end developer at Browser
- Director of Education at Nomad MBA
- Lead Software Engineer - with CTO potential at Grow Biotech plc
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Lyvly
- Customer Service Executive at Lyvly
- Strategic Business Development Manager at Gravity Sketch
- Software Engineer at Alterest
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites