London HQ 🌍Melbourne | 50-100
Our ‘Why’, ‘How’, and ‘What’
ihorizon is your accounting partner to accelerate your business growth. Gathering years of experience and expertise in scaling tech businesses, and weaving them into impressive and intelligent finance solutions, we specialise in accounting and innovative finance solutions for entrepreneurs and startups in the tech industry.
Our vision is to be the founders choice for startup accounting. How? By providing no-nonsense finance solutions, we share knowledge & innovation across our network, and enable the best of the world’s startups to achieve their own vision.
Do you want to work in a team of motivated and talented individuals and partner with some of the world’s fastest growing tech startups such as Songkick, Mixcloud, and Patch? We put partnership at the heart of everything we do, that’s why you will interact with founders, financial directors, CFO’s, and office managers right from the start and help businesses grow from within.
A day in the life of a Portfolio Management Accountant
You’re a trusted advisor and client partner in the truest sense and you want to get stuck in immediately? As a Portfolio Management Accountant, you own a diverse range of startup clients and get to lead your own delivery team of 2-3 talented people from the get-go.
- You are the decision maker and main voice of all client communications and delivery. Founders, entrepreneurs, high-growth teams, our tech startups will look to you for advice and guidance on all things accounting and finance!
- You are the go-to person for robust technical knowledge of all aspects of accounting including management accounts, VAT, and payroll.
- You are exposed to learning further business and finance areas such as EMI, fundraising, financial management, and modelling on a daily basis.
- As a trusted advisor of aspiring accountants, you believe good managers lead by example and inspire their team - you will oversee a delivery team who are beginning or partway through their qualifications and will look to you for support, guidance and mentoring as they improve their technical skills.
This is you
- You’re a qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA practice accountant or have equivalent work experience.
- You have an understanding of year-end statutory accounts and basic corporation tax.
- You’ve a proven record of working in a UK firm of accountants, startup companies and or SMEs, where a wide range of skills were needed.
- You are excellent at time management and you thrive in taking on responsibility for overseeing all client requirements of your team.
- Customer first - you know how to handle multiple client needs and managing workflows.
- You want to use the newest tech yourself - we're Xero based.
- You’re a trusted advisor - you know how to lead a client team and inspire junior staff whilst delegating workload, ensure timely delivery of work and meeting team KPIs.
- You’re self-motivated with a drive to achieve and a passion to deliver top quality work.
- You’ve excellent communication skills - in person and written and not the smallest detail goes past you without notice.
You're interested in
- All things entrepreneurship and startups, check out this inspiring read our friends at Tech Nation recently released: Upscale, the book.
- Helping to build successful businesses in the tech space, using the newest technology on the market and creating innovative finance solutions to accelerate business growth.
- Truly partnering and interacting directly with inspirational founders and high-growth teams.
- Never standing still - you’re learning and growing fast and everyday, personally and professionally, whilst enjoying a fun and vibrant environment.
- Being purpose driven and values based in everything you do.
- Simplicity, humour, and embracing individualism - you want to bring yourself to work.
Working with us means
- Helping some of the fastest growing tech businesses in the world scale up through innovative finance solutions and services.
- Gaining experience first hand - we partner directly with founders and entrepreneurs, take initiative, and solve problems together.
- Being exposed to different areas - we are not just a service function, our clients look to us for advice and guidance on all things accounting and finance.
What we offer you
🚀 An opportunity to work with the world’s leading tech startups.
⚖️ Autonomous and flexible work style - 2 WFH d/m and flex start & finish times each day (+-1). We don’t need time sheets to be at our most efficient!
🍕 A fully stocked kitchen for breakfast & lunch.
🎉 Frequent socials including team sports days, retro video game competitions, drinks, and dinners thrown by our very own social committee.
💚 Green Team - environmental catch ups and initiatives.
💻 Tech - all of the latest tools you need to get the job done.
🌟 Personal Development - we’re harnessing a culture of learning and want you to have the chance to become a leader from day 1.
💸 Profit Share - after 1 year service, you’re eligible for our profit share scheme.
💎 Pension plan with a 3% employer contribution.
🌴 20 days’ holiday a year (plus UK public holidays), and Xmas eve to NY office closure.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at CAST
- Chief Marketing Officer (B2B SaaS) at Intruder
- Full Stack Developer at Ratio
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Front-end developer at Browser
- Software Engineer at Orkestro
- Back-end developer (python) at Stasher
- Implementation Engineer at re:infer
- Junior Developer at Arkk Solutions
- Head of Research & Development at ihorizon