WE’RE DESIGNING THE FUTURE OF RECURRING PAYMENTS AT GOCARDLESS AND WE’RE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PRODUCT DESIGNERS TO HELP US DO IT.
GoCardless is building a new global network for recurring payments. We’re linking together Direct Debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of collecting payments directly from customers’ bank accounts. Our annual payment volume exceeds £3 billion, and we’re processing up to hundreds of thousands of transactions per day. The company is growing fast and there is an increasing demand for excellent Product Designers to help grow Design at GoCardless, solve problems and deliver beautiful solutions.
Our API powers recurring payments for companies like the Financial Times, Thomas Cook and Nutmeg. It also enables partners including Quickbooks, Xero and Teamup to help tens of thousands of small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You start with why - using data, research and an empathy for the customer to understand the problems you’re solving
- You love to collaborate - working in cross-functional teams to take shared ownership of new product features, and with other designers to develop design systems
- You think conceptually - exploring innovative ways to solve problems
- You craft beautiful experiences - using design and prototyping tools to bring ideas to life
- You understand the technical implications of design decisions - communicating closely with engineers to execute ideas, and can bring a strong design perspective to our product thinking
- You make an impact - measuring the results of your work, looking for improvements and making a tangible impact to business growth
- Experience with end-to-end Product Design including Interaction Design, Visual Design and collaborating with engineers to ship projects
- Experience designing and shipping applications or software
- A portfolio of your work with examples of interaction and visual design
Our team come from a range of backgrounds, and we welcome diversity. If you’re unsure, please apply - we’d love to hear from you.
In your application, please include your CV and a link to your portfolio, and tell us about an interesting project you’ve worked on recently and what impact it achieved.
BENEFITS AT GOCARDLESS:
- Learning & Development – £1,500 budget for conferences and days off to do them
- Option Shares!
- Design breakfasts lunches and dinners every month
- Paid Time Off 27 days (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch monthly
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Unlimited sick days
- Healthcare Insurance
- Pension scheme (Welplan – 4% employer contribution)
- Subsidised gym membership (via Vitality)
- GoCardless Maternity Leave
- 0 – 12 week: Full pay
- 13 – 18 week: Half pay
- 9 – 39 week: SMP/SAP statutory rate
- GoCardless Paternity Leave 0 – 6 week: full pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Eyecare vouchers
- Yoga (Tuesday), Football (Wednesday)
- Quarterly all-team events
More like this
- Community Project Manager at Freelancer.com
- QA Tester at Rotageek
- SEO and Content Specialist at Pandable
- Community Manager at Freelancer.com
- Back-end developer (Node.js) at Reposit
- Engineering Lead & Senior Developers - FinTech at Simply Business
- Digital Product Designer (Mid Level) at Inktrap
- Diaspora Community Outreach Team at Wave
- Front-end Engineer at Top10VPN
- Technical Marketer at Makers Academy