Silicon Valley tells you that every startup is changing the world. Have you ever wanted to work on something that actually does?
We help people reverse and prevent lifestyle diseases like type 2 diabetes. This means if someone is living with type 2 – we can actually reverse the effects of it. That means no more drugs, amputations, blindness, or dialysis. It changes the entire course of people’s lives and that is no hyperbole.
In this role, you’ll be working alongside a small team of crack engineers and designers to build the best behavioural change programme in the world.
The main product is an iOS and Android app developed in React Native, but your scope covers the entire programme that we deliver to people – including their experience of the technology we send, the coaching, the group, and the educational content.
You’ll be fighting ever-changing list of requirements and balancing viewpoints from technical, marketing, and exec team. You will have to be extremely comfortable with uncertainty and making highly pressurised decisions in a highly-ambitious team.
THE ROLE ITSELF
- Managing our Product Roadmap, for all aspects of our product
- Prioritising and refining our Product Backlog
- Running our bi-weekly sprints
- Tracking successes and failures of feature launches, crashes, and bugs
- Interacting with customers and learning their needs
- Managing interactions between Design & Engineering to ensure as agile & smooth operation as possible
- Being our Product Evangelist within the company
Skills & requirements
- Able to use data to make decisions on product roadmap and implementation
- Understand user centered design and it’s importance in building a product
- Familiar with working in an agile working environment and have run sprints before
- Comfortable speaking to both designers and engineers
- 2+ years experience in product management
- A top class degree. If it’s technical – that’s great, but is not a requirement
- You’ll love great UI and appreciate good UX
- Experience in digital health – or if not that, it would be great to know that you understand the space
- Familiar with SaaS like Jira, GitHub, Mixpanel, App Center, and Google Analytics
- Know how to code, although not required, and be familiar with the latest development methodologies
OurPath are a VC-backed technology startup trying to save the NHS. Type 2 diabetes now costs almost 10% of the entire NHS budget – but is entirely avoidable with lifestyle change.
OurPath provide a digital behavioural change programme, proven to change people’s behaviours and reduce their risk and complications of type 2 diabetes.
The programme incorporates evidence-based education, health coaches, peer group support, and digital tracking tools. Everything is delivered digitally through phone and web apps.
We provide OurPath directly to the NHS for people living with type 2 diabetes, and you an also buy the programme as a consumer on our website.
We are a team of ex-strategy consultants in our late 20s and are incredibly passionate about solving the type 2 diabetes epidemic. We believe OurPath is a fun place to work with an informal, non-bureaucratic, and agile working environment. You’ll also have a nice amount of autonomy over your work-life balance. Finally, we will provide endless amounts of poor jokes and sub-standard humour. Just so you know.
Some of our national press:
This position is available to start immediately, so please send your CV and a short email why you’d like to work here to [email protected]
We’ll be interviewing on a rolling basis, so the quicker you can apply the better.