ABOUTHi, we’re Akkroo: a vibrant, dynamic and innovative tech scale-up based in Brixton.
We’re on a mission to modernise the way businesses think about exhibiting at events and their approach to lead capture, where archaic, manual and broken methods are still the norm.
We’re at the forefront of a new, emerging software category, Event Lead Capture, starting a movement to ensure businesses all over the world are meaningfully connecting their events, sales and marketing to ensure maximum ROI.
We’re now 5 years into our journey, an have recently secured a major round of funding and are gearing up for global growth. When better to get involved with a company?
THE ROLEThis is a unique and exciting new role which straddles our product, marketing, sales and customer-facing teams, working with them on marketing strategy and execution. You’ll have the opportunity to help us define what Product Marketing means at Akkroo, taking responsibility for this increasingly important area of the business as we continue to grow.
Your main responsibilities would be…
- Helping our commercial and customer facing teams communicate existing product functionality in their work through content creation (e.g. sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, LinkedIn, and other forums)
- Proactively assist in product and feature launches, to help scale adoption, usage and increasing demand
- Help build up and co-ordinate our Customer Development programme
- Market research and competitor analysis, involvement in discovery of new product opportunities
- Co-ordinating and delivering internal product training
- Broadcast and enthuse about our products through our product channels (i.e. Intercom and newsletters), thought leadership, blogging, social media, and speaking
- Co-ordinating between marketing, sales, customer facing and product teams to establish and develop the role of product marketing at Akkroo!
You’re an energetic, commercially minded individual with extraordinary communication skills, looking for a role where you can inspire those around you and truly make a difference. The experience we’d love you to have:
- B2B experience in a product, research, commercial, marketing or customer facing role, and very much ideally in a SaaS (Software as a Service) business
- Experience working in the events industry and a working knowledge of the event lead capture problem (lots of messy, disconnected approaches to capturing leads and prospect details at events such as trade shows and exhibitions)
- Experience planning, conducting and reviewing user or customer research
- We’re trying to solve a series of hard, complex challenges for our customers. We value people who truly care about deeply understanding the problem and can show empathy with our customers and colleagues alike
- This is a new, multi-faceted role, so an ability to spin several plates at once with great organisational skills and attention to detail is a must
- You’ll be working with technical and customer-facing colleagues alongside our customers, so exceptional written, verbal, presentation and creative skills are essential
- Hands-on approach to creating communication in a range of formats (e.g. presentations in Keynote, diagrams in Adobe Creative Suite, informative writing etc.)
- Research tasks will form a core part of this role, so a demonstrable ability to project manage activities here is important
- And finally - the scale-up journey isn’t for everyone. We love people looking to embrace the challenge and enthuse about Akkroo, whether here in the office or out at events and in social situations
WHY WORK HERE?We’re expecting to pay a starting salary of £40,000 - £50,000 for this role, depending on your experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (you have to see it to believe it). You would join an incredibly friendly but high achieving team. We have a set of core values which define us and shape our tribe, if they resonate with you then we could be on to something.
You can also enjoy…
- Tech/ work tools: We supply you with the best hardware so you can focus on the tasks at hand. We’ll hook you up with a MacBook on your first day, and we’ll sort out getting any additional hardware you need as you get settled.
- Social: You can enjoy monthly team lunches (we’ll get the bill), various fun events and a company which genuinely gets on well with each other.
- Holiday: We’re all adults here, so we’ll trust you to decide how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days).
- Pay: We’re committed to paying competitively so you’re not worried about making a living whilst you’re here.
- Equity: We operate an Employee Share Options scheme which you may have the chance to join as your role grows
- Life perks: Discounts on gym membership, cinema, high street brands and cycle-scheme.
- Food and drink: Fully stocked fruit bowls to keep you healthy, free breakfast options
- Learning perks: You’ll get a book budget, so treat yourself to your next reads on us.
Salary range £40,000 — 50,000
More like this
- Senior Engineer at Comic Relief
- Front-end Designer at Helical Levity
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Junior Data Engineer at Rotageek
- CTO / Lead Software Engineer at HyBird
- iOS Developer at unrd
- Senior PHP Software Engineer at Paddle
- Engineering Lead at AtomInvest
- Software Engineers for The Bakery Start Programme at The Bakery
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites