We are a team of technologists, educators and entrepreneurs who are helping to transform an education system in which too many children still fall through the gaps. We do this by building intelligent technology to recruit, train and qualify a global community of teachers, making effective one-to-one learning more accessible than ever before.
The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Spitalfields, London. We’re currently a team of 35 in London and over 300 across India and Sri Lanka. We’re growing quickly; doubling revenue last year to £3m, and have raised £7.5m in funding to scale our business to the global vision we pursue.
We want a person who has a hunger for learning and is keen to make progress individually, and to improve team, product and business performance. We constantly evaluate technologies, often with spike (prototyping) days (Node/Phoenix/Elixir current candidates) so your ability and desire to rapidly adopt and adapt, applying previous knowledge, is more important than specific language/framework experience.
If you want to apply your talent and drive to solving a major technical challenge, that has a positive impact on society, then join us!
- Ruby (1+ years)
- Rails or modern web framework Laravel, Grails, Django etc
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design principles
- Automated testing
- Competitive salary (with potential for options)
- Your own personal development budget and perkbox
- Pick your own kit; we want you to have the tools to deliver
- Lovely location, team, and regular good times too
We can talk about beer, ping-pong and all that stereotypical start-up stuff. That’s easy (and fun). True satisfaction is found in the challenge of scaling an innovative business that has a positive impact on society. That’s the real benefit to this job.
Salary range £35,000 — 60,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Lead Developer (Ruby on Rails) at ImpactEd
- Full-stack Lead Developer at AssetVault at AssetVault
- Engineering Lead & Senior Developers - FinTech at Simply Business
- Project / Operations Manager at Dark Blue
- Account Executive at Zen Educate
- QA Tester at Rotageek
- Technical Marketer at Makers Academy
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at Spaceflow
- Product and Operations Manager at AssetVault