Spork Digital Ltd is a small but mighty team of experienced software developers based in London N1.
Over the past 9 years our clients have included large corporations (Fox Films, EE, Jack Wills, Leon and Metro), numerous startups and not-for-profits (Social Finance, Citizens UK, Shared Assets, Koreo)
We build software for the following people:
- Startups – by bringing their platforms to life
- Design agencies – working as their tech delivery team
- Established organisations – who are looking for software innovations to fulfil their transformation needs.
What we're looking for
We’re a team of 5 and growing; we wish to expand in 2020.
To fulfil this ambition, our founder, Giles, needs to step back from development & implementation to concentrate on business development, and so we’re looking for a new senior developer.
The successful candidate will lead our expanding team of junior and middle weight devs, with the full support of Giles and our experienced founding developer, Phil.
Technically ticking the boxes
You can speak with impressive authority about a good range of web technology, which will include quite a few of these:
- React, React Native, in all its flavours
- AWS and Google Cloud Environments
- Java/Tomcat environments (Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Hibernate)
- PHP (we do the occasional CMS PHP based build)
- Content Management Systems with a decoupled architecture
- The merits of agile working (Kanban/Scrum)
And you’ll be able to Stack Overflow the hell out the rest!
Day to day
- Be as equally comfortable mentoring junior members of the team as you are working closely with our clients
- Feel comfortable leading client meetings and presenting to a variety of stakeholders
- Run daily standups to ensure your team is on track
- Be ready to get hands on with development
- Be positively vocal and opinionated on appropriate tools and techniques when scoping and planning projects
- Be expert at building to specification and to budget, and managing client expectations
- Know that a tech team is only limited by its ability to learn.
For this we’ll reward you with:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days off a year
- Shares in the company partnership
- Company pension
- Flexible working options
This role would be a great fit for someone with a little experience in mentoring / team leadership who’s looking to develop their skills in this area, but still keen to get stuck in to the day-to-day development.
You’ll be joining a cheerful team of musicians, photographers, cooks, parents, cyclists, coffee lovers, whiskey enthusiasts, typography geeks and charity organisers. We’re friendly geeks who like steam trains, cricket… and Batman. We have varied backgrounds in music tech, engineering, economics and recruitment. Amongst us is a former education consultant, barman, chair stacker and one of us used to stuff teddy bears on Saturdays.
We’re a sociable little family who do good work and reward ourselves with frequent trips to the pub and evenings out. So, if you think you’d like to be Spork’s new prong, then get in touch!!
No agencies please.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Junior R&D Tax Consultant - Technology at The Accountancy Cloud
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Business Developer at The Nature Boys
- Growth Marketing Manager at Finance Unlocked
- Marketing Analyst at Vitl
- Customer & Community Associate at Argent
- Business Development Manager - Space Hunter at Appear Here
- Graduate Brand Account Manager at Appear Here
- UX/UI Designer at iSi GmbH
- UX/UI Manager at iSi GmbH