Location: Home based Immediately
CyberOwl is looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing DevOps team.
This role will suit someone who is comfortable working in a complex technical environment as you will need to become familiar with our entire platform and application development stack.
Also you must be someone who can remain calm and focussed when dealing with high pressure scenarios and have a demonstrable ability to organise and prioritise your workload.
As an organisation we embrace the spirit of constant improvement and so you must be constantly seeking to improve and optimise our existing processes and procedures to improve our overall agility.
We have an awful lot on our roadmap, so you must be comfortable in working in a fast moving and reactive product development environment.
CyberOwl helps asset operators in the maritime and critical national infrastructure sectors gain visibility, cyber security and cyber compliance of systems on their distributed, remote assets. We provide technologies, a managed service and specific cyber security advisory services to support the asset operator.
Our technologies provide near-real-time visibility of the behaviours of assets and their communication patterns. They are deployed to identify and inventory assets on the IT and OT networks of these operational platforms. They detect and raise early warning of cyber attack tactics, techniques and procedures; identify anomalous and suspicious activity; and monitor for non-compliance with cyber security policies. These are delivered through a modular, distributed architecture that is optimised for environments facing the challenges of intermittent connectivity, bandwidth constraints and the need for remote management.
Our managed service provides assurance and support to asset operators with any level of cyber expertise. We support security operations through alert verification, triaging and providing guidance on appropriate cyber incident response actions.
CyberOwl was shortlisted for the Lloyds Science of Risk Prize, selected into the first GCHQ Cyber Accelerator Programme and is part of the UK Government's centre of excellence for cyber security innovation - the London Office for Rapid Cybersecurity Advancement (LORCA).
Please read the attached job description and
person specification and ensure you have the specific skill sets we are looking for. Should this be the case, please send a
covering letter and CV to our Operations Manager, Dan Eccles, at [email protected]
Senior DevOps Engineer
Reports To: Technical Operations Manager
Salary: £65,000-£75,000 depending upon experience
● Working with our agile software development team to help them transition their deliverables to our live environment.
● Liaising with the relevant stakeholders involved with an approved change to ensure activities are coordinated and carried out according to a plan.
● Managing and appropriately escalating delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives.
● Increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of our release automation pipelines.
● Improving the Change Management, Release and Deployment Management processes.
● Maintaining our internal knowledge bank to share and disseminate technical information with the team.
● Implementing quality control and review systems throughout the development and deployment processes.
● Communicating with the stakeholders on the risks and issues of major changes / releases.
● Proactively communicate and negotiate to resolve priority conflicts.
● Contributing to the review of high impact and or emergency changes.
● Supporting the post-implementation review evaluating project results, including client satisfaction.
Required Key Skills
● Previous hands-on experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins is essential.
● You must be competent working with SQL Databases and knowledge of Time Series databases such as InfluxDB is a bonus.
● A working knowledge of Apache Kafka is also required.
● You must have detailed hands-on experience with AWS including AWS Networking (VPN, VPC, Routing, etc.)
● Ideally you will have exposure to cybersecurity this is a bonus and in no way essential.
● You must be confident working within a complex technical landscape.
● Demonstrable experience with a multi-platform, mult-release environment.
● management skills and ability to present qualitative information clearly
● Knowledge of scrum, agile, kanban and the role of Dev-Ops in a software delivery team.
● Experience of JIRA and Confluence.
● Experience with Java, Python and Golang software stacks, build and deployments tools.
Professional Experience Level
● 5+ years Linux (Ubuntu)
● 4+ years AWS
● 4+ years Kubernetes, Docker
● 3+ Kafka, SQL
● 2+ GIT, Jenkins, Ansible
● You must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal,
● We are looking for a completer-finisher with an eye for detail.
● You will need to demonstrate that you are both innovative and resourceful and able to adapt to a fast moving, dynamic environment.
● You must be comfortable prioritising your workload.
● You must be comfortable working in a start-up environment and show the requisite degree of flexibility that means you can cope with last minute changes and shifting priorities.
● You must be methodical with an aptitude for analytical thinking.
● You must show that you are a capable leader and able to mentor and direct others within your team.
● You must be skilled in the art of active listening and able to elicit information from all sorts of people.
● You must be able to demonstrate your ability to work calmly and accurately in a high-pressure environment.
The development team at CyberOwl is geographically dispersed so you must be comfortable working in such an environment. The role is predominantly home based, and you must be able to demonstrate that you have the requisite self-discipline and organisational skills to be effective working this way.
As a start-up, CyberOwl is often in “all hands to the pumps” mode so you must be excited and enthused by the idea of trying to attain flawless execution at speed.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and does not form part of your contract terms. It is an outline of the areas of activity and responsibility and, like all such documents, will be amended from time to time in the light of the changing needs of CyberOwl Limited.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK and must be willing to be security cleared.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender, marriage/civil partnerships, pregnancy, maternity or age.
Salary range £65,000 — 75,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- iOS Developer at Pi-A
- Client Success at VeryConnect
- Customer Success Associate(German Speaking) Remote at ev.energy
- Customer Success Associate (Remote) at ev.energy
- Software Engineer at Neuro AI (YC '21)
- Sales Development Representative at Coefficient Systems Ltd
- Senior Product Designer at Zero Deposit
- Part-time senior software engineer (Ruby on Rails) at Open Ownership
- Lead Software Engineer at Emma Wanderer
- Performance Marketing Analyst at Bridebook