Grapevine is an AI-powered digital concierge that provides travellers with personalised and bookable recommendations on where to stay, how to get there and what to in-destination. Our route to market is via travel management companies (TMCs) - the gatekeeper to the $1.4tn business travel industry - who currently leak up to 80% of revenues to off-platform sources. Having been in stealth for the past 6 months, we’re now gearing up for a Q4 launch with a Top 15 UK based TMC, before rolling out the product to multiple clients in the new year.
As we enter a new phase of growth, we are recruiting a lead engineer (full-stack, front-end focused) to help drive the product delivery and growth of our B2B2C platform.
- Day to day responsibility for delivery of the front-end
- Lead site architecture and development strategy
- Review of workflows, troubleshooting, problem-solving and ideation
- Rolling up the sleeves to get the job done - we’re a small team so it will be all hands on deck!
Our growing platform is based on Ruby, GraphQL, node.js and Vue.js running on Heroku and AWS. The role will require a candidate with:
- A strong engineering background (4+ yrs) full-stack exposure preferred
- Good working knowledge of backend architecture - including Ruby, GraphQL and frameworks like node.js
- A keen interest in, or prior experience with machine learning and are looking for a way to continue to grow that skill set by getting your hands dirty
- You are a leader with technical vision and a desire to contribute to overall product direction
- You are grounded in solid engineering practices; able to define what good looks like and to help lay the groundwork for a team to grow and scale
- You’ve shown that you can lead a platform forwards and you have a desire to do that with high levels of autonomy
- You’re highly curious about your users’ pain points
- You’re ready for the challenge that working for an early-stage startup will bring
- You’re always learning
- You delight in problem-solving, recognising that different problems require different approaches
- We don’t have all the answers, but you’re happy working with a small team to figure it out!
What you’ll get from us
- An opportunity to build an exciting platform from the ground up
- A lean organisation working towards a common goal, designed to champion good ideas.
- Location flexibility - London HQ but able to work from anywhere - we have a large amount of trust, lots of flexibility and global ambitions.
- A great culture - as a team of people who love to travel, we know that we are stronger in our diversity. Grapevine is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We plan to have fun along the way!
Whilst remuneration is slightly below market rates prior to our seed fundraise, the salary will be normalised post raise. A generous equity package is also on offer.
Salary range £50,000 — 60,000
Short term salary which will be adjusted post-raise. As part of the founding team, a generous stock options package is available
More like this
- Senior Software Engineer at Hurree
- Solutions Architect at Hurree
- Technical Researcher at Hurree
- API Intergrations Specialist at Hurree
- Senior Backend Developer (Node.js) at Caravelo
- Full Stack Developer at Landscape
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Android Developer at AppLaunch
- Senior full stack developer at PetsApp
- Backend engineer at Everpress