Grapevine is building a Machine Learning platform that provides personalised content as a service (SaaS) to travel businesses. Our initial target market is the £1.1tn corporate travel industry, where Travel Management Companies (TMCs) currently lose 80% of hotel booking opportunities and capture little to no 'in-destination wallet'. Our ML engine, Marvin, will help businesses retarget users with 'right time, right channel' personalised and bookable recommendations, via simple, flexible integrations. Our goal is to drive £50bn+ in value to the TMC industry alone over the next 5 years.
About the Position
Having signed heads of terms with a Top 15 UK based TMC and raised a bridge financing round which takes our runway to mid-2021, we are now gearing up to raise a Seed investment round, targeting a Q4 2020 close. As we enter a new phase of growth, we are recruiting a talented lead engineer, ideally with Machine Learning experience, to help drive the product delivery and growth of our B2B2C platform.
As a key member of the founding team, the role is all about doing what needs to be done, combining execution and strategic input. It also offers a rare thing: the opportunity to genuinely make a difference every day - your decisions, the background you bring, and the user experiences you build will define our success.
- You’ve got a strong engineering background (5+ yrs, full-stack)
- You know Ruby, JS, GraphQL and have worked with frameworks like node.js and vue.js
- You have a keen interest in, or prior experience with machine learning and are looking for a way to continue to grow that skill set by getting your hands dirty
What you’ll get from us
- An opportunity to build a platform from the ground up
- A lean organisation working towards a common goal, designed to support smart people and get out of their way.
- London HQ but able to work from anywhere - we have a large amount of trust, lots of flexibility and global ambitions.
Who you are
- You are a leader with technical vision and a desire to contribute to overall product direction
- You are grounded in solid engineering practices; able to define what good looks like and to help lay the groundwork for a team to grow and scale
- You’ve shown that you can lead a platform forwards and you have a desire to do that with high levels of autonomy
- You’re highly curious about your users’ pain points
- You’re ready for the challenge that working for an early-stage startup will bring
- You’re always learning
- You delight in problem-solving, recognising that different problems require different approaches
- We don’t have all the answers, but you’re happy working with a small team to figure it out!
Our Tech Stack
Our growing platform is based on Ruby, GraphQL, node.js and Vue.js running on Heroku and AWS
As a team of people who love to travel, we know that we are stronger in our diversity, Grapevine is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Salary range £50,000 — 55,000
Short term salary which will be adjusted post-raise. As part of the founding team, a generous stock options package is available
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Software Engineer at CMDTY
- Senior Product Designer at Cervest
- Ecommerce Solutions Consultant at We Make Websites
- Technical Lead - Full Stack at Amplified Global
- Full Stack Developer at The Square
- Data Analyst at Zero Deposit
- Data Architect at The Open Data Institute (ODI)
- Senior Product Designer at Cervest
- Senior Product Designer at Second Nature
- B2B Sales Manager at Fundsquire