MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to play a significant role in building new greenfield applications while bringing modern technologies and tooling to our teams (check out our stack at https://stackshare.io/moo/moo-future). This truly is an exciting time to join MOO and to play a big role in our future vision for our customers.
Performance pioneers apply today. We want to explore new and advanced ways of approaching performance that bring real delight to our customers while making other companies look at our tech with envy. Have a desire to play with new technologies that excite you and can make a real impact? We are champions of change and want to explore new approaches and encourage an innovative mind. We are obsessed with observability and performance which are key to this approach. Leveraging tools like Datadog to observe our platform allows us to constantly explore new ways of improving its performance in order to delight our customers.
Collaboration is at the heart of our engineering teams, working on solutions in a safe environment where it’s ok to take risks. We use pair programming, test-driven development and peer reviews. We encourage knowledge sharing, learning and mentoring. We welcome new ideas and points-of-view, and we are agile to the core, using both Scrum and Kanban.
The quality and maintainability of our software is very important for us and therefore we’re looking for engineers with real world experience of the whole development lifecycle and understand the power of IaC.
If the above sounds like you, and you’re excited at the prospect of applying new technologies to have a real impact, then we would love to hear from you.
You will help us design and implement tightly focussed APIs, services, user interfaces and together with your team, you will support them in production. We want you to share your opinions on how we are doing things - and help us get better!
As a Senior Software Engineer at MOO you will:
- Work with your team to support existing applications and tools.
- Fully test your applications using unit, integration and functional testing.
- Promote improvements within your team and the wider engineering department towards quality and performance of applications and services.
- Participate and lead technical discussions, sessions and workshops with your team and the wider engineering department, always being mindful of following engineering best practices and MOO Engineering principles.
- Building scalable applications and services is part of your architectural approach to deliverables.
- Advise engineering management on latest trends and professional theories, while being able to benchmark and qualify possible concepts.
- Contribute to your team via pair programming, code reviews, knowledge sharing and demonstrations.
- You are an experienced Software Engineer, with a variety of modern front end technologies, frameworks and tools under your belt.
- You are an advocate of software best practices, have the desire to follow engineering principles and have the passion to look for continued improvements towards those that benefit the wider engineering department.
- Greenfield projects excite you and give you an opportunity to demonstrate latest technologies which you can evaluate and prove bring impact and/or efficiencies directly to our customers..
- You are able to adjust your approach and respond positively, embracing fresh challenges when circumstances or deliverables change.
- You are excited by ambiguity Greenfield projects bring and see the opportunities to empower teams to find innovative new solutions.
- You are able to translate analytical insights into programmatic plans by experimenting on emerging trends that meet your team goals.
- You are able to identify development opportunities and are proactive in prioritising and delivering within your team.
- You understand the benefits of knowledge sharing and are proactive towards contributing and encouraging a team culture that demonstrates this.
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Front End Web Developer at Rasa
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Coding Coach at Sigma Labs
- Front-end developer at Taylor/Thomas
- Shopify / CMS Senior Front-End Developer at Series Eight
- Senior Product Designer (Product Team Lead) at Helical Levity Ltd.
- Full stack developer at Una Health
- Team Lead at Butternut Box
- Full Stack Engineer at Applied