Paws is disrupting the global pet industry, bringing game changing innovation and customer wow to the way we love and live with our pets. Worldwide, it's a $100bn global industry and over 5 bn people and their pets make each other deeply happy every day - but it comes at a price. Cost of good food, unexpected vets bills, holiday care issues, missing walkies due to work, health scares, mess on the carpet...That’s why our purpose is to make pet parenting all love and less stress - and not just for loved pets but those who get abandoned and abused too. We’re creating a new brand, a new way of shopping and a whole new way of helping people be the best pet parent they can be. You’ll be joining our founding team of experienced, successful startup high flyers and entrepreneurs (multiple £100m+ exits previously), in our state of the art HQ near Exmouth Market - and you can bring your dog to work of course! You may not be able to code tails to wag directly, but we believe in building great technology to improve the lives of our furry friends and their pet parents. We're building a completely different kind of subscription service where we hope to provide an experience that's completely tailored to each pet. This is not a job where you’ll just sit and turn specs in to code, it’s a challenging and rewarding role where you’ll be building an experience that our users and their pets will love.
What will you be doing? - Building our e-commerce "smart subscription" product in React and Redux - Writing high quality, simple and clean code - Placing emphasis on outcome rather than output (think OKRs) - Aspire towards TDD but be pragmatic about it - Engaging in smart chatter about our code with the team - Be expected to engage with backend folks, the product team and people around the business (we're a small company!)
Here are your buzzwords- not exhaustive, nor prescriptive- just some things we like! React, ES2015+, React Native, Storybook, Styled Components, Jest, REST, functional programming
Pets don't care about your sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion etc. and nor do we! We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from everyone.
VALUES & CULTURE FIT:
- Failure 'breeds' opportunity We believe in learning by doing, and what doesn't work points us to what will. We follow the principles of a Deliberately Developmental Organisation - so every one of us improves, every time.
- 11x it We have a big vision to build a £1.1bn+ business, in a £111bn+ market, with a small team who thinks...BIG! We revel in step changes, big pivots and bold actions. We're changing behaviour at scale - prepare to be brave.
- Do the Right thing We always do what is best, for the customer, their pet and animals everywhere. We believe that this is compatible with big business and that a huge number of consumers share our values.
- We take everyone on the journey We have a totally inclusive culture with maximum transparency and zero hierarchy. We build our company strategy every quarter with the whole team and naturally everyone has shares in the business.
- Think beyond yourself We are a kind, considerate bunch. Everyone answers the door, mucks in, and acts like owners. We do what some might say are not our jobs, we work late to help if something's kicking off, we walk each other's dogs.
To live these values we look for people that are,
Thoughtful, entrepreneurial, ambitious, down to earth, positive, self-starting, creative, challenging with the ability to push back, execution focussed, high integrity, fun, transparent, high energy, able to think strategically but also roll up their sleeves. Above all, scrappy with a sense of humour.
P.S - Take a peek at our events
Salary range £70,000 — 80,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- React developer, and Java Developer at Day Digital
- 📰 Communications Manager at Beam
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Backend Engineer | Ruby | Junior, Mid & Senior at Cleo AI Ltd
- Infrastructure Engineer at re:infer
- Backend Engineer at re:infer
- Front-end Designer at Helical Levity
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Junior Data Engineer at Rotageek
- Senior Operations Manager at Trouva