Doctaly is a fast-paced Healthtech start-up in the primary care space, revolutionising the way in which patients access GP appointments in the UK. Following a successful crowdfund earlier this year, we’re expanding our team to increase service coverage and engagement from both consumer and corporate markets.
As a Senior Full Stack JS developer, you will be integral to driving forward the next phase of development of our revolutionary booking platform, as well as maintaining and supporting the current platform as we transition.
Doctaly are currently in the planning stages for version 2.0 of the platform which will involve redevelopment of the platform from the ground up. Working with other developers and designers, both in house and outsourced, you will be heavily involved in the redevelopment of both the Doctaly API and various front-end user interfaces using the latest technologies.
Daily duties may also include urgent bug fixes or minor feature development on the current Doctaly platform which is built on the MEAN stack. As such Angular 1.x experience would be beneficial.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a range of applications for a fast-paced Healthtech start-up using modern technologies and to heavily influence the future technical direction of the company. The role is initially freelance (full or part-time, 6-month contract) with a combined cash and share options package. The right candidate will become an integral member of the team and transition to permanent employee in a substantial role during 2019.
Doctaly HQ is based within a bustling co-working space in the heart of Camden Town, London a 2-minute walk from the Tube station. There’s a strong sense of community here, housing a wide range of early stage businesses and numerous activities to engage members.
Experience Required *For current platform **For next version of platform
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Comfortable in the command line – Basic Linux commands
• NPM, scripts, modules and version management
• Experience with task runners, compilers and bundlers (Grunt, Gulp, Babel, Webpack etc)
• Git version control
• Solid foundation in semantic, accessible and responsive HTML/CSS
• **Extensive knowledge and experience with React JS and common libraries, including:
o React Router
• *Angular 1.x experience would be beneficial, including commonly used packages such as:
• Node JS
• Express JS
• Passport JS
• JSON Web Tokens
• MongoDB & Mongoose JS
o Native MongoDB queries
o Mongoose Schema definition
o Aggregation Framework (group, project and complex match queries)
o Geospatial indexes and queries
System Administration (Nice to Have)
• Linux system administration:
o Installation/management of Node JS
o Installation/management of MongoDB
o Installation/management of Git
• Knowledge and experience with AWS solutions (EC2, S3, EBS etc)
• Automated deployments with PM2