Our app helps people every day in major world cities like London, New York, and Paris by giving them the most up-to-date and complete information on urban transportation options, with a personal touch.
Earlier this Year we successfully launched Citymapper Pass, a new subscription pass for London integrated with the app experience.
Our small team of veteran iOS developers iterates quickly and tests new features and UI tweaks daily on our own commutes. We build new features while also refining the design of existing ones based on analytics. We aim to ship changes that make a real difference to users every two weeks or so. We also aim to support new Apple devices and technologies on day one (for instance, we were in the Apple Watch announcement keynote).
We're looking for people to help us take on the following kinds of problems:
- Someone's standing at a bus stop and they have 10 seconds to figure out whether to get on or not. Can we give them a clear answer in time?
- Someone's in the middle of a transit trip when the train they were going to connect to gets delayed. Can we let them know promptly and help them find a better way to get there?
- Someone's traveling in an unfamiliar part of town and doesn't want to get out their phone. Can we give them effortless guidance using only a smartwatch?
- Someone's traveling home late at night. Can we give their partner peace of mind?
- Someone's taking a trip and there's an new Citymapper bus that would be a good option for them, but it looks & behaves differently than normal city buses. Can we help them understand how it works and give them a good first ride experience?
We're hiring for our headquarters on the south bank of the Thames in London. If you're looking for a change of scenery, we're happy to help you move to London, including visas. And if you already live here, we regularly pay for our employees to travel to the other cities that we cover, to help us improve the app in those cities.
If this sounds like your kind of project, we'd love to talk with you.
More like this
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full Stack Developer at Ayima
- Junior R&D Tax Consultant - Technology at The Accountancy Cloud
- Software Engineer at RMP Enterprise
- Senior Product Designer at Bark.com
- Senior Product Designer at ZOE
- Backend Developer at Winkel Games Ltd
- Data Scientist at Ratio
- Front-End Developer at causaLens
- Data Scientist - Research Team at causaLens