At Potato we design and build websites, tools and apps for huge audiences, for the likes of Google, Tate and the Natural History Museum. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us in our office in central London. You’ll initially be helping to improve, develop, and maintain a large-scale application for a multinational client, one of the largest tech companies in the world. This will include working closely with internal and external stakeholders, developers, Coaches/PMs, Product Leads and designers to define both small scale improvements, and large feature implementations.
You should have a product mentality; always questioning how the product could be improved, ensuring our work is focused on the agreed desired outcomes, the product vision and purpose, and whether or not any new work fits in with the overall product strategy. You should be comfortable with all stages of the product lifecycle, from initial experimentation and requirements gathering through to delivery and support.
We are a human-centric design team, which means we want to appeal to both the head and the heart. As a designer we expect you to be able to constantly question and reassess both your own work and that of your team to make sure you’re delivering the right kind of experience for the intended audience. At Potato, everyone is responsible for the user experience of what we design and build.
Your portfolio should show that you are used to working on large projects: prioritising work streams, working efficiently and managing your own time, meeting with clients, fleshing out creative concepts, working alongside other designers effectively, and liaising with our large team of developers to bring everything to fruition to your own exacting standards.
As a team, we all share the responsibility for bringing the concepts we create together to life. While pragmatism should always be in forefront of your mind, we also need people who can both champion their vision and inspire, but also be open to discussion while balancing both the practical and the inspirational.
This is a full-time role.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be...
- Master of your craft but adaptable and confident tackling new challenges Working in agile and lean teams in a smaller, dynamic organisation without relying on extensive resources to get things done
- Mentoring other designers to help them develop both creatively and commercially and progress their careers
- Actively involved in growing the team by attracting, assessing and hopefully introducing design talent
- Articulating your thinking to colleagues, clients, users, and the wider design community. Making sense of business objectives and user needs and knowing how to balance the two
- Challenging & coaching product teams to try new approaches and ways of working to make strategy come to life
- Providing thought leadership to develop the right product strategy across projects
- Using past experience and client knowledge to spot and resolve problems
- Experimenting & rapidly producing multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when a lean approach is favourable
- Accountable for the quality of the products you work on
- Representing Potato publicly by participating in talks, events and conferences
We like to see proven abilities in...
- Product design
- Lean design & research methodologies
- Planning and leading workshops alongside other designers, developers and with clients and business stakeholders to define the product purpose & vision
- Product Strategy, including Desired Outcome planning, Roadmapping and Product Lifecycle Design
- Business Design, including business model canvas, business cases, feature scoring, outcome and KPI design
- Conducting research to gather, understand and present back insight into user needs and requirements to stakeholders and colleagues
- Making ideas and insight tangible and understandable through the appropriate deliverables for the project
- Working collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams
We also like talking to people who enjoy...
- Mobile design
- Start-up background
In return you'll get...
- Competitive remuneration
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Nice laptop and phone
- No limit on paid leave
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Gym membership
Feel free to apply with a cover letter and CV. If we like what we see we'll get back to you quickly to arrange a cup of tea and a chat.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- iOS Developer at TrustFlight
- Product Designer (UI/UX) at Geckoboard
- React Native Developer at Flex
- Go developer at Vega Protocol
- Programme Lead at KBS Albion
- Marketing Manager/Growth Hacker at LocumTap
- Front-end Developer at Studiomade
- Enterprise Sales Manager at Keboola
- New Business Development Director at Pixoneye