Why we think you’ll want to join us
- Universal Problem: You’ll be working on an urgent and current problem impacting virtually everyone on the internet: Identity.
- Hot and Responsible Tech: You’ll be developing cutting edge proprietary biometrics technology such as facial recognition, working directly with machine learning researchers, engineers and privacy and legal experts. Learn more about our work with the ICO on algorithmic bias.
- Rapid Growth: Onfido is growing very fast. You’ll see your products being used by millions of users and get to re-invent our practices as the old ones inevitably break.
- Focus and Autonomy: Product Management is represented at the highest levels at Onfido with our Chief Product Officer, Kevin Trilli. We have stable company goals and overall product strategy, while you’ll have a very high degree of autonomy to set the strategy for your own product area. Learn more about our product strategy review process.
- Knowledgeable Peers and Experienced Leadership: Large, diverse, highly collaborative product team. Plenty of people to learn from, and work on problems together from different points of view. We dedicate specific time to hone our product management craft.
- Commitment to Mental Health: We strive to create an open environment where mental health is supported, and people can bring their full selves to work. This is reflected in our values and benefits (including Sanctus mental health coaching). Learn more about why we signed the mental health pledge.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of almost 300 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $100m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
About the Role
- Our mission is to create novel, automated, highly robust and low friction ways to verify users through biometrics (such as facial recognition).
- We are a geographically distributed and fully cross-functional team. Featuring software and test engineers, machine learning researchers, data analysts, operations and product management, spread across London and Lisbon. Read more about how we make this work.
- While our team owns the algorithmic processing of biometric data, we collaborate closely with other product teams to craft intuitive end user and client experiences guided by User Centered Design principles.
What you’ll be doing
- Immerse yourself in the world of our customers, talk to them, understand the context of our target use cases. You will lead discovery of identity and impersonation fraud problems worth solving through biometrics technology.
- Become an expert in the Biometrics Industry, its latest developments and standards.
- Join the other product managers in the Biometrics Line of Business in defining an exciting and market leading product strategy.
- Use your insights, industry knowledge and experience to create, maintain and evangelise the roadmap for your area.
- Define clear success metrics for your initiatives and measure their outcomes.
- Collaborate with Machine Learning Researchers and Engineers to understand and solve valuable customer and end user problems.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers and Product Designers execute on your strategy.
- Work with Product Marketing and Client Support to successfully launch new features
- Coordinate with Sales and Customer Success to communicate our vision and roadmap to our customers.
- Evolve and build a high performing product culture, as we rapidly scale and grow, contributing directly to our product management practices.
- You're dependable, cooperative, committed, and excited about meeting the needs of your users.
- You have excellent analytical, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
- You get a kick out of data analysis, especially when it leads to new insights about your users.
- You love getting involved in ambiguous and unbounded problem spaces and thrive in the structure you create.
- You empathise deeply with customer problems, so you always feel a strong sense of urgency to solve them, and motivate others to solve them with you.
- You thrive in environments where multiple disciplines come together cross functionally to solve difficult problems.
- Product Management is something you can talk about for ages, but you also like other things like a sport, art or maybe you're into gardening - you can talk about that other stuff for ages too.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application
- An established Product Manager with several major cycles of problem discovery, solution definition, launch and growth of software products, bonus points if you did this in a B2B context;
- Experience in asking customers the right questions, interpreting user research, analysing data, and leveraging those insights to define a product strategy;
- Experience in creating and managing a problem focused product backlog;
- Experience of product delivery in within Agile cross functional development team;
- Experience in working on Machine Learning based products or teams including a heavy component of technical Research and Development is a plus.
Don’t tick all the boxes, but think you’d still be a good fit? Apply anyway and show us what you can do.
About your values and behaviours
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym or sports, therapy, home cleaning or childcare up to £50 per month
- Office massages from Urban
- Nutrition advice
- Free weekly yoga classes
- Regular 5-a-side football matches
- Dedicated learning opportunities including language classes (currently Spanish, French and English), an unlimited budget for software and books, a training budget for conferences and regular lunch and learns
- Quarterly team socials and a budget for cross-team coffees and lunches
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
The interview process will involve:
Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
Once complete and provided we make you an offer, we will ask you to undertake a background check prior to joining Onfido. We consider this necessary in order to protect Onfido, our clients, and the personal data that we process.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More like this
- Backend Developer at Seneca Learning
- Senior Software Engineer, Frontend Lead at Five
- Frontend Engineer at causaLens
- iOS developer at Beeline
- Product Owner at We Make Websites
- Backend Developer at mavis
- Market Executive (Brand Partnerships) with German at Sweatcoin
- Full Stack Engineer at Skim It Ltd
- 😁 Operations Executive at Beam
- Full Stack Engineer / Lead at Alterest