Certain Six is a hyper-scale cloud enablement company. Our mission is to democratise the power of the cloud through intelligent software automation. Working on solving some of the biggest challenges in the cloud industry today, Certain Six is set to reshape the way that solution providers and enterprises consume cloud services.
Spun out of a leading UK cloud solution provider, the Certain Six senior leadership team is headed up by pioneers in the cloud solution space, with a proven track record for growing startups from idea to profitable business.
With support from Microsoft, who view this new venture as the enabler for the hyper-scale cloud market, Certain Six will be entirely reshaping the way business’ build and deploy on Microsoft Azure and ultimately the entire hyper-scale cloud industry.
The Certain Six engineering team is made up of highly experienced and passionate engineers from FinTech, banking and tech startup backgrounds. The team is truly agile and has the right processes and tools that enable them to be reactive and continuously improve our products, software and the way we work. There is a strong DevOps culture and use of Continuous Deployment and Testing along with feature flags to constantly deliver value while eliminating risk.
The engineering team is made up of small autonomous teams that operate in a “built it, run it” approach and people that are happy to dive into any level of the stack to bring value in whatever way needed – by writing code, writing tests, designing a solution, peer reviewing, learning something new, or teaching others.
Given that this a startup project, you will have the freedom to work with an array of cutting edge technologies as well as invest time in building a platform to enable us to deliver features quickly, avoiding re-inventing the wheel whilst not being afraid of building solutions from the ground up where needed. Some of the technologies currently in use are Azure Websites (.NET/Angular), Azure Functions (.NET), Azure IoT Hub, Azure Stream Analytics and Launch Darkly.
We’re looking for someone that:
- Has a strong background in software engineering, preferably in C# .NET
- Enjoys getting hands-on with the code base
- Is a passionate, and experienced software engineer with excellent analytical skills and has experience developing new web applications and APIs as well as supporting old systems
- Thrives working in small, autonomous teams with a targeted goals
- Has proven ability to develop and deliver high quality software meeting requirements and technical specifications
- Always considers software design patterns and consults best practice
- Has a solid understanding of microservices development
- Has familiarity with continuous integration techniques
- Has experience with cloud platforms
- Gets excited about new technologies and strives to keep up to date with latest tech
We offer a comprehensive package including:
- Competitive Salary
- Share Options
- Private Healthcare
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- 25 + 3 days annual leave (additional 3 days gratis over Christmas period)
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Support for volunteering
- Micro sports facilities (currently Basketball, Ping Pong and Tux Hunt)
Multiple positions available: frontend / backend / full stack
If you’re excited about the above, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- React/Redux developer at Cogent Credit Ltd
- Software Developer at Capital Pilot
- Senior Full Stack Engineer at Flock Ltd
- Full Stack Developer at Canvas
- Head of Engineering at Founders Factory
- VP Sales at Sideways 6
- QA Tester at BookingBug Ltd
- Customer Service Manager at Midrive Limited
- Software Engineer at Reincubate
- Senior Software Engineer at Spektrix