Please see link for video summary of role.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help our client build the next generation AI insights platform.The companies AI division is a team of 70+ engineers, product designers, and data scientists across the world. You will be located in in London (Shoreditch), joining a team focused on Web data acquisition and information extraction, automating the acquisition from hundreds of thousands of web sites.
About the team in London
You will join a very dynamic and diverse mix of research scientists and engineers coming from nearly all continents: we cover Europe, Asia and North-America—and we love having food from such places and beyond! We have family people, single people, tea lovers but coffee haters (and vice-versa), bikers/footballers/beach-volleyballers and, uh, virtual athletes.
What we do
We build scalable AI systems that automatically identify and collect millions of data items from the hundreds of thousands of web sites, such as news papers or company websites. All that data is enriched and integrated into a coherent knowledge graph via a highly customizable platform for combining data enrichments, classifiers, and other AI components.
What we’ll challenge you with?
You will be faced with challenging problems in data acquisition, knowledge base construction, and data integration. If you are an amazing software engineer and some of the following points resonate with you, you should definitively apply!
- Be accountable for all aspects of your work, from research and analysis to testing, deployment, and operating the application in production
- Actively evolve our agile development process together with us
- Apply best practices for testing, documentation, to ensure overall quality — and helping the team to monitor and improve where necessary
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability
- Continually define your role as we grow
- Believes in validation through software and rapid prototyping and loves to work, learn, and teach others
- Driven and self-reliant, without losing track of the “big picture”
What you’ll get out of it?
- Salary range: Between £65k-£90k (based on experience, qualifications, and the performance at the interview) + medical + other benefits
- Plenty of opportunities to travel world-wide and collaborate with great people on teams all over the world
- Location in the heart of Shoreditch in London.
Skills & Requirements
Most of our infrastructure is on AWS. You know and love AWS, in particular ECS, RDS, S3, Lambda,SNS? Then you’ll be able to hit the road running! Most of our code is in Java so proficiency in core Java is expected, but Node.js or Python are highly valued too. Bonus points: experience with Terraform/Serverless, RabbitMQ, Docker.
Because our ideal candidate is an amazing software engineer with knowledge of either Machine Learning, NLP or Web Crawling, any of the following will make us even more excited about your application:
- Experience with applications of machine learning and/or natural language processing applied to web pages or text documents
- Experience with large scale web crawlers
- (and/or) Automated systems for web scraping and/or automated testing solutions for web technologies (Chrome puppeteer, Webdriver, PhantomJS), and experience in running such technologies in a cloud environment
- Experience with NLP libraries/tools e.g., spaCy, CoreNLP, OpenNLP, GATE, UIMA
- Experience with crowdsourcing/human-in-the-loop systems/platforms (e.g., AWS SageMaker Ground Truth, Amazon Mechanical Turk, CrowdFlower/Figure8)
About the company
The company are a pioneer of media intelligence and gives businesses the information advantage they need to stay ahead. More than 26,000 companies have used their media intelligence to stay on top of billions of online conversations and extract relevant insights to strategically manage their brands. They're dedicated to personal, global service built on the local expertise of 55 offices across six continents.
All of our solutions are fully web-based, offered as a service, and based on a modern technology stack. This is your opportunity to be part of a small agile team within a big multinational organization!
We are more than 1500 people across the globe, so there is a lot going on. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives. This approach not only raises the quality of our products for our customers, but makes collaboration along the way much more fun.
Salary range £65,000 — 90,000
More like this
- Senior Product Manager at People Matter .
- Ruby on Rails developer at LearnerShape
- Lead Data Engineer at Neural Alpha
- Back-end developer at EQUITY X LTD.
- Back End Developer at EasyPeasy
- Sales Account Manager at Canvas Events
- Front End Engineer at Legl
- User Experience Designer at Waggel
- Growth Lead at InsideOut