We’re looking for bright, impactful and empathetic software engineers.
Type 2 diabetes has become a global epidemic; in the UK, we spend £9 billion a year alone (that’s 10% of the NHS budget) on treating this. What’s shocking is most of this is preventable – through sustained lifestyle and behaviour change.
We’re here to help people take control of their health. By bringing together behavioural science, technology, and incredible people, our grand mission is to eradicate the global epidemic of chronic lifestyle diseases once and for all.
Our digital habit change programme – delivered digitally through mobile and web apps – helps people to improve their lifestyle, lose weight, and ultimately reduce their risk for conditions such as type 2 diabetes.
We’re also one of the few consumer health brands that are also actively commissioned by the NHS (for us, it’s to help people living with type 2 diabetes).
We’re looking for bright, impactful and empathetic engineers to join our team and engineer solutions to this epidemic.
You’ll architect and build features across our whole product. You’ll work closely with our health coaching and growth teams to fully understand our users. You’ll mentor junior engineers as the leader in your pod. You’ll leave your mark on our engineering culture with your technical leadership. You will keep growing yourself.
Who are you?
- You have 4+ years of software engineering experience
- You want to build a product that changes people’s lives
- You take ownership of product features from inception to release
- You are thorough and take pride in your work
- You appreciate software design as a craft but make pragmatic decisions when needed
- You build iteratively so you can see features in the hands of users within days
- You embrace being a generalist, working on both frontend and backend
- You adapt and enjoy the ride in a fast-changing start up environment
- You are empathetic, thoughtful and dedicated
- You never stop learning
As a bonus, we’d love it if you tick any of these boxes:
- You have a deep understanding of Node.js
- You have experience building complex infrastructure on AWS
- You have experience monitoring production infrastructure and applications
- You have have implemented lean management practices in your previous teams
- React Native for iOS and Android apps
- Node.js + Express for our API servers
- MongoDB our main database
- Next.js for our web frontend
What's in it for you?
- You’ll get to work with amazing, friendly, smart colleagues all incredibly passionate about solving obesity and lifestyle change.
- You’ll have autonomy and responsibility for your work direction; we also offer a flexible working environment where you can work from home when you need to.
- We have regular company-sponsored socials (pub drinks, team dinners, board games and movie nights) that’ll allow you to catch up and make friends outside of your team.
- A competitive salary and share-options package, giving you a real ownership of the company.
More like this
- Frontend Engineer at causaLens
- Front end developer (London based) at LedgerComm
- Full Stack Developer at Route Reports
- Product Design Architect at Deep Consulting Solutions
- Backend Developer at mavis
- Market Executive (Brand Partnerships) with German at Sweatcoin
- Full-Stack Developer at Univation - Volunteering at Univation
- Full Stack Engineer at Skim It Ltd
- 😇 Talent Associate at Beam
- 😁 Operations Executive at Beam