Our mission is to help developers use live data in their applications, faster.
The use of event streaming is booming. Organisations are in a race to become data-driven, but working with live data-in-flight remains difficult, time-consuming and costly.
Our innovative developer-first platform enables developers and enterprise to build, test and deploy live models and services directly on Kafka, fast.
With built-in scale, efficiency and resilience, our unique Stream SDK supports time-series data, events, metadata and binary blobs, integrating seamlessly into the application stack to deliver an end-to-end platform that developers love, in minutes.
Quix is adopted by developers across the video game, racing, manufacturing, automotive, health and telco industries.
Our team rapidly developed into a remote-first organisation during 2020 with people now living and working across the world.
We are building a category defining platform which will launch a new data-driven epoch.
Join us and bring your passion!
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will help deliver and scale a platform that developers love to use. You will:
· Maintain existing services to guarantee uptime
· Build and implement disaster recovery when it is not and ensuring it is mostly the former via improvements.
· Keep services running or getting them back up and running quickly when a failure occurs
· Ensure that we ship software that meets security requirements
· Automate work including infrastructure needs, failover solutions, failure mitigation
· Improve monitoring and alerting solutions
· Maintain documentation for recurring issues, prepare incident reports for production issues
· Migrate the platform to AWS, GCP and additional cloud platforms as required.
· Design and implement on-prem and hybrid-cloud solutions.
Required skills and knowledge
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience operating large-scale production systems, with keen understanding of design principles and best practices of implementation
- Knowledge of:
o Networking (DNS, load balancer, etc)
o Unix / Linux shell
o Encryption for data-in-flight & rest
- Experience in the following technologies:
o Azure Cloud Service
o Ansible, Terraform or alternatives
o Source control (git)
Nice to have
• Experience in the following technologies:
o Google cloud
o Chaos Engineering
• Work from home anywhere in the UK and EU (may be required to travel occasionally)
· 2 annual team meet-ups in EU destinations (normally beaches and mountains)
· Generous stock options commensurate with the opportunity
· 37 days holiday (including all public holidays in your region)
· 2 additional paid days off a year for volunteering work
· Budget to choose own hardware and office set-up
· Training and personal development budget
· Regular socials with paid food/drink/games allowance
Salary range £70,000 — 90,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Backend Engineer at Sporty Group
- Full Stack Software Engineer at Lollipop
- Work in conservation (with React Native) at Chirp Birding
- Software Engineer (Front End) at VST
- web developer at EQUITY X LTD.
- Lead Golang / Go Developer at Comnoco
- Software Engineer - Full Stack (PHP/React) at Dawson Andrews
- Head of Engineering at Zero Deposit
- Digital Marketing Executive at Pockit Limited
- Lead Engineer at Zero Deposit