Who are we?
23 Code Street is a coding school for all women and non-binary people. With part of our profits, we teach digital skills to marginalised communities in India. Our goal is to have a technical workforce that represents the diversity of the society it is trying to serve. For the past three years, we’ve been running web development courses for beginners, webinar courses and workshops across London. We’ve been featured in The Independent, Forbes, Refinery29, the Evening Standard and the Guardian.
We are a small team who enjoy each other's company. We support and root for each other, we hold each other accountable, we celebrate our collective and individual wins, we make each other go home or go for a walk when needed, and we respect that we have lives outside of the office.
We believe that our workplace, all our communication, and our classes should be inclusive and accessible.
We work from Bethnal Green in a building with other brilliant companies and people.
What you’ll be doing?
Part-Time Social Media and Marketing intern
3 months internship with a view of progressing to being a core member if this is something you are interested in and if we think you’ve been great!
Responsibilities and Opportunities
- Create content for our social media channels
- Find and repurpose content from other sources for our social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel)
- Use tools like Buffer and reply to messages we receive on social media and engage with our followers.
- Review our current social media profiles
- Amplify our voice
- Grow our presence and following on Twitter and Instagram
- Assist the marketing manager with writing marketing campaigns, newsletters, website content, and blogs.
- Work with the marketing manager to create monthly reports using Google Analytics to review how well specific content is performing and understand what improvements could be made.
- Assist the team with ad hoc tasks as requested. We are a small team and, although we each have our expertise, we pitch in as and when is needed.
As an intern, you will report to and work with the Marketing Manager. She will mentor and guide you through from onboarding to day to day. Together, you will create a 3-month plan, a one month plan and, every Monday, you will discuss the upcoming week and co-create a plan for it.
Some skills you might have
- Speak to lots of different people
- Some marketing/social media experience either through education or previous experience
- Writing skills- you can adopt our tone and communicate to a range of different audiences
- Organised. Able to prioritise and plan
- Interested in technology and the tech industry
- You’re comfortable using (or learning to use) tools such as Slack and Trello
- You are enthusiastic about learning
- Excited to contribute ideas and understand feedback is not criticism.
- Enjoy working in a small team
- Keen to learn
- Passionate about working with us
When will I be working and where?
Two days a week of your choice (not Friday). 9.30-6pm with an hour lunch break.
London Living Wage- £169 per week
How to apply
Click the apply button, let us know why you want to work for us and details of anything that will help with your application (whether that's a CV, a detailed breakdown, or a LinkedIn link- we are not fussy!)
Email us at [email protected] if you have questions or need assistance.
We are equal opportunities employer and we ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
More like this
- 😇 Support Specialist at Beam
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full-stack Software Developer at Reducer
- Head of Product at Verisart
- Software developer at Applied
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Full Stack Lead at Stairway
- Statutory Accountant at ihorizon
- Product Design Lead at OurPath
- Vp Of Eng / Cto at Formalytics