Software Engineer - Full Stack (PHP/React)
Job Family: Engineering
Reports to: Project / Delivery Manager
Main purpose of role & level in the business:
As a Software Engineer in Dawson Andrews, you’ll be responsible for developing high-quality solutions. You’ll work as part of a team and report to a Project or Delivery Manager. It’s a fast-paced environment, so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. As a key role within the team, you will also work closely with clients on a regular basis to agree on technical designs (functional and non-functional), advising clients and managers on estimated effort, technical implications of user stories and user journeys.
You will continuously share knowledge and mentor the team around you. You’ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with room to learn, develop and grow.
Deep understanding of Craft CMS and its plugin ecosystem
Good knowledge of PHP and the general toolset of backend development
You’ll be working across the stack, so good facility with modern frontend development (React.js, ES6, modern CSS techniques like flexbox, etc.) is essential
Proficient in designing, building, testing and maintaining modern applications.
Experience in applying best practices and patterns in relation to coding, security, testing, scalability and performance.
Ability to clearly communicate technical designs in conversations, presentations and documentation.
Experience explaining non-functional concerns to clients and building this into technical designs.
Ability to take a customer’s specification and define a well-scoped solution by asking the right questions, both with the customer and your team.
Experience with technical estimation, planning and user story creation.
Experience with Tailwind CSS.
Experience with Algolia
Working knowledge of public cloud platforms, especially AWS.
Working knowledge of Wordpress
Who you are:
- You have a ruthless attitude to figure it out and you’re not afraid of taking onus.
- Humility where appropriate, confidence when the shot is on.
- You should always have an eye on the client’s ROI with an ability to focus on what will deliver them results over distractions.
- You should be passionate about building a career in digital products and developing your skills to perform alongside the best in the industry.
As an engineer at DA, you will:
Work in a multi-functional agile team to design and deliver software products.
Participate in discussions on features, technical design sessions, planning and retrospectives.
Own the development of features from definition to deployment, prioritising your own sub-tasks and pulling in others as appropriate.
Help to ensure adequate test coverage, load testing and performance monitoring of your products.
We're Dawson Andrews, a digital product studio born in Belfast. We have worked with startups to billion dollar e-commerce companies, we specialise in driving commercial value through digital products and services. We’re a tight knit team, regularly laughing at each other, occasionally fighting fires together and building products we’re really proud of.
Salary range £40,000 — 80,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Front-end Developer at Placed
- Front End Web Developer at Rasa
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Coding Coach at Sigma Labs
- Front-end developer at Taylor/Thomas
- Shopify / CMS Senior Front-End Developer at Series Eight
- Product Development Director, Consumer Goods at Branded
- Performance Marketing Specialist at Branded
- Junior Digital Designer/ Design Lead at HNR Group (Honour.co.uk & Skin Two)