We are looking for a SQL Developer/Data Engineer to lead on our client integrations, help us grow our BI and keep our databases running smoothly. Your mission will be to own all things data and help lead our platform on to new scale.
You will need great experience of integrating systems, transforming large amounts of data efficiently, and performance tuning databases. You should know ETL techniques, be able to understand and improve a SQL query plan, and be comfortable suggesting architecture changes where needed. You should also have experience with at least two interesting technologies – things that get us excited include HL7, Redis, NoSQL, Azure SQL, machine learning and automated testing. Our technology stack is primarily Microsoft C# .NET so although that won’t be your core job you should be comfortable reading code and making tweaks to the data access layer.
We are looking for someone who loves technology and has the drive to push, challenge and grow the company. You’ll need to be as ambitious as we are and revel in the flexible nature and mix of skills required for startup work. We’re primarily office based but supportive of flexible and remote working so days at home or nursery runs are not a problem.
No Recruiters please
Skills & Requirements
Specific Experience Requirements:
• Microsoft SQL development (5 years)
• SSIS (3 years)
• Integrating large systems and taking data from multiple sources
• Designing and building BI structure
• Point of contact for client (technical) users
• Profiling queries, performance tuning and scaling SQL Server
• Agile methodologies (Scrum, pair programming)
Bonus points for:
• HL7 or other healthcare experience
• Azure SQL
• GitHub profile, blog posts, other online repos
• A desire to own and grow the product
• Can explain your point in sprint planning when everyone is looking at you oddly
• Excellent academic record
• Happy to work from a pub on a Friday afternoon
We have fast and frequent deployments, good test coverage and a young codebase. You will have a direct effect on what we do and how we do it. We’re a small team with flexible working – we’re office based but can work remotely. Occasional BBQs, days out and other toys also included.
Salary range £45,000 — 55,000
More like this
- SQL Database Administrator at Kognitiv
- Head of Technology at BlockDox
- .Net XML Developer at Kognitiv
- New Business Development Director at Pixoneye
- Simulation Engineer at Simudyne
- Back-end developer at 542 Digital
- Commercial Strategy Associate at Pixoneye
- Enterprise Data Engineer / Consultant at Keboola