London HQ 🌍New York, Melbourne + Boston | 50-100
Our ‘Why’, ‘How’, and ‘What’
ihorizon is your accounting partner to accelerate your business growth. Gathering years of experience and expertise in scaling tech businesses, and weaving them into impressive and intelligent finance solutions, we specialise in accounting and innovative finance solutions for entrepreneurs and startups in the tech industry.
Our vision is to be the founders choice for startup accounting. How? By providing no-nonsense finance solutions, we share knowledge & innovation across our network, and enable the best of the world’s startups to achieve their own vision.
Our values guide how we work together, define our internal culture, and help us achieve our goals:
Do you want to work in a team of motivated and talented individuals and partner with some of the world’s fastest growing tech startups such as Songkick, Mixcloud, and Patch? We put partnership at the heart of everything we do, that’s why you will interact with founders, financial directors, CFO’s, and office managers right from the start and help businesses grow from within.
A day in the life of a Tax Manager
As our Tax Manager, you’re part of our high performing tax advisory team! Focusing on issues experienced by Owner Managed Businesses and associated Business Tax issues, you’ll be supporting the wider business with clear opportunity to progress professionally within the firm.
This is you
- You’re a qualified ACA/ATT and CTA tax consultant or have equivalent work experience.
- You’ve experience of advising on S/EIS and employee share options schemes.
- You know how to deal with HMRC enquiries.
- You’ve previously been advising on Transfer Pricing, Corporation Tax and VAT issues.
- You’ve experience in training junior members of staff in tax issues.
- You are analytical and commercially minded.
- You are comfortable with client management and interacting with founders and entrepreneurs as well as working with members of other teams within the practice including those working with management accounts and statutory accounts.
You're interested in
- All things entrepreneurship and startups, check out this inspiring read our friends at Tech Nation recently released: Upscale, the book.
- Helping to build successful businesses in the tech space, using the newest technology on the market and creating innovative finance solutions to accelerate business growth.
- Truly partnering and interacting directly with inspirational founders and high-growth teams.
- Never standing still - you’re learning and growing fast and everyday, personally and professionally, whilst enjoying a fun and vibrant environment.
- Being purpose driven and values based in everything you do.
- Simplicity, humour, and embracing individualism - you want to bring yourself to work.
Working with us means
- Helping some of the fastest growing tech businesses in the world scale up through innovative finance solutions and services.
- Gaining experience first hand - we partner directly with founders and entrepreneurs, take initiative, and solve problems together.
- Being exposed to different areas - we are not just a service function, our clients look to us for advice and guidance on all things accounting and finance.
What we offer
🚀 An opportunity to work with the world’s leading tech startups.
⚖️ Autonomous and flexible work style - 2 WFH d/m and flex start & finish times each day (+-1). We don’t need time sheets to be at our most efficient!
🍕 A fully stocked kitchen for breakfast & lunch.
🎉 Frequent socials including team sports days, retro video game competitions, drinks, and dinners thrown by our very own social committee.
💚 Green Team - environmental catch ups and initiatives.
💻 Tech - all of the latest tools you need to get the job done.
🌟 Personal Development - we’re harnessing a culture of learning and want you to have the chance to become a leader from day 1.
💸 Profit Share - after 1 year service, you’re eligible for our profit share scheme.
💎 Pension plan with a 3% employer contribution.
🌴 20 days’ holiday a year (plus UK public holidays), and Xmas eve to NY office closure.
More like this
- Front End Developer at ContentCal
- Product Manager at ContentCal
- Designer at Hex
- Client Services Intern at Codec AI
- Digital Marketing Analyst at LGDG Group
- Solutions Engineer at Dataswift Ltd
- Senior Backend Engineer at Dataswift Ltd
- Product Manager at Cambridge Cancer Genomics
- Backend Developer (PHP) at Everpress
- Software Engineer at Breakroom