We're a new payment option that allows budding travellers to pay for their next holiday trip in monthly instalments. Travel is an exceptionally enriching experience, we strongly believe people should do this more often, that’s why our mission is to help everyone 'see the world, on their terms'. You will help us remove the barrier of affordability for travellers and help travel suppliers convert more bookings, instantly and within their existing websites. We’re going after a £44 billion market in the UK alone, we’re VC backed, licensed by FCA and we’ve got a growing list of convinced early customers and partners.About the role
You’re entering the business at a really exciting but also crucial point; we’re about to launch and we’re poised for real growth, you’ll be leading our development and product roadmap: writing code, integrating with third parties and working with a growing list of travel partners on integrations.
You’ll be involved in making significant decisions for the company. (We have our own ideas, but we're really big on collaboration) You’ll work closely with the CEO & COO (who previously ran sales and operations at a previous startup that successfully exited) to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well sales and operations to understand and tackle our users’ gripes.
We’re looking for someone with strong passion and background in building successful products; you’re prepared to have a key say when it comes to product decisions; you have exquisite attention to detail; and a bonus would be that you’ve worked in the travel/FinTech space - however, this isn’t key for us. Initially, you’ll begin work as a contractor, to make sure you enjoy working with us and vice versa. Then, if we mutually agree it’s a great fit, we formalise your role as a technical founder. As the company grows, with your help we’d continue to establish a team around you.Our Requirements...
• Someone who works fast but more importantly works smart.
• Someone who thinks clearly and communicates well.
• Someone that is always up for learning and becoming better in everything they do.
• Someone that enjoys solving problems, no genuinely - you actually do :)
• Someone that loves building things that help people
• Someone that loves the process of taking ideas and turning them into something real
We don’t care about what you’ve studied (or if you graduated from university at all), we don’t care about how many jobs you’ve worked at previously. All we care about is what you’ve built. It’s likely you’ve shipped your own product (or several). You might’ve even started your own business (or several). We appreciate people who know what it means to graft and hustle. Throughout your life, you’ve succeeded because you tend to stick with things longer than most.Our Tech stack...
The current app is a classic server-side rendered express app. Our API is hosted on Elastic Beanstalk in a Docker container and the data stored in Postgres We have our continuous integration running the Jest tests and deploys automatically.
We are a very open-minded team willing to try new technologies and we are focused on high-quality code, you’ll be trusted to do what you think is best for the company and the product. Our MVP build is near completion and we need you to lead and continue our development and integrations with our first customers.The Benefits...
• Work closely with a dedicated and ambitious team
• Flat and reciprocal structure
• Chip in to making impactful decisions for the company
• Flexible work hours
• Very Generous equity package (Founders Stock)
• Amazing workspace in Central London (Piccadilly Circus)
• Help people enrich their lives by seeing the world
• Your work benefits real customers and real users
We’re a growing team based in the vibrant Soho area of Central London and we are looking for a talented engineer to join our family and help us continue to build a great company. If this is you, please get back to us so we can arrange a call to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We look forward to you joining us to help everyone see the world, on their terms.
More like this
- Director of Education at Nomad MBA
- Lead Software Engineer - with CTO potential at Grow Biotech plc
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Lyvly
- Customer Service Executive at Lyvly
- Strategic Business Development Manager at Gravity Sketch
- Software Engineer at Alterest
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Infrastructure Engineer at re:infer