Collagerie curates fashion, interiors and beauty across every price point – inspiring women to buy through our online marketplace. This is an exciting opportunity to provide technical and architectural leadership and to be part of the founding team of a rapidly growing fashion technology startup based in London, co-founded by former Vogue editors Lucinda Chambers and Serena Hood. Our mission is to celebrate shopping finding “the one thing over everything” leading a new frontier in online commerce driven by unparalleled content and curation. Described by Forbes as “the facelift online fashion has been looking for” - come be a part of our journey to grow and scaleCollagerie as a global fashtech platform.
We are looking for an experienced Tech Lead to establish and implement the technical vision for our product roadmap, turning this into a reality within a target timeline.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Collagerie platform MVP has been developed by an external agency, but in line with the growth of the company, now is the right time to bring technology in house. The Technical Lead will be the first full time technology employee of the company. It is a hands-on role, and provides an amazing opportunity to shape the future of the platform from the very beginning.
Specifically, the Technical Lead will be responsible for:
· Building and leading the technology function.
· The technical strategy and development of the platform, from both an architectural and operational perspective.
Given the wide remit of the role and the nascent state of the platform, it is expected that you are a technology generalist who has the ability to span a wide range of disciplines. Not having direct experience of a specific technology or framework should be seen as a challenge and an opportunity to learn, rather than as a hindrance. You should be equally happy at the command line, in an IDE, or designing a relational schema.
In addition to the technical elements of the role, you will also be responsible for hiring, building, and mentoring a small (but growing) team. Your leadership is expected to extend beyond the purely technical elements of the role.
Lastly, you will be expected to provide technical expertise and guidance to the wider organisation, and be a major contributor to the definition of the platform roadmap.
The platform is built with React and Contentful, and runs on Heroku.
Desired Skill and Experience:
· An innate desire to deliver business value
· 5+ years working in software development, preferably within eCommerce.
· 2+ years in a leading engineering in a technical or architectural capacity for a service of significant complexity
· Experience transfering complex business problems into technical solutions
· Strong experience of engineering practices such as TDD, pair programming, CI/CD
· Experience of designing applications to run in a cloud environment
· Experience building responsive web applications using React
Nice to have
· Heroku with Heroku CI
· Experience working with headless CMS’s, specifically Contentful
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at Route Reports
- Product Design Architect at Deep Consulting Solutions
- Fullstack Engineer at Tractable
- QA Engineer at ContentCal
- Software Engineer at Stotles
- CTO for international edtech startup at Checheza AB
- Sales Manager at Cervest
- R&D Tax Senior at Claimer
- Product Owner at We Make Websites
- Data Scientist at Founders Factory