APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 13:00 ON MONDAY 26 FEBRUARY
Everyone deserves a job they love. Makers Academy retrains career-changers as software developers and helps them find that job.
You deserve a job you love. We’ve got one for you:
Makers Academy is expanding fast, adding new products and working with employers at a much larger scale. To support that growth, we’re re-launching our website on a more collaborative platform, and bringing all our marketing tools into one place.
We need your help to improve clarity and control over the systems we use to attract both B2C and B2B clients, so that we can support a broader range of people into exciting careers in software development.
You’ll be our go-to person for everything related to marketing technology: tracking and tweaking the performance of our digital channels, optimising our website content and user flows, and implementing new marketing software (Hubspot) to replace the many interconnected systems we use now.
You’ll have the freedom to act in a way that you believe is right for the company. You’ll have a genuine say in the way the business is run, and the environment in which you work. You’ll be encouraged to identify problems and solve them; and to seek out new opportunities and pursue them. In short, you'll have a voice that will be heard and valued.
Success in this role looks like:
- Establishing Hubspot as our central marketing tech;
- Supporting the re-launch of our website;
- Growing our marketing funnels for B2B and B2C;
- Detailed and comprehensive oversight of marketing channels and their performance, for the whole marketing team to act on.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Hubspot implementation and restructure of all marketing tools;
- Tracking channel performance;
- Integrating with and optimising the website and user flows;
- Adding new pages and multimedia content;
- Responsible for SEO;
- Analytics and reporting through Google Adwords;
- Designing and maintaining landing pages, emails and distribution of digital content;
- A/B testing, tracking and designing user flows.
What you can expect to achieve in your first six months:
- Finished website launch by April (working with Head of Marketing and an external agency);
- Launched Hubspot to bring all marketing tech under one roof for both B2B and B2C (forms, emails, lists, nurture workflows, landing pages);
- Implemented (data-driven) improvements to our marketing processes that help us to scale.
- Working in a company that’s exploring how alternative management systems can help us achieve our ambitions;
- Growing as a person, by learning radical transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, 'non-violent communication' (click to read more), perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively;
- Able to join yoga and meditation sessions run for the students (click to read more);
- A Perkbox account, including significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership;
- Being surrounded by a diverse group of bright, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each other.
- Location: Our academy in Spitalfields, London.
- Salary: We’ll offer in the region of £40,000, depending on previous (relevant) experience. After a year in the role, you'll be encouraged to set your own salary at least once a year (how do I set my own salary?).
- Holiday: We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum - you must take at least 28 days a year.
- Management: Makers Academy is a company built on trust, rather than fear: you’re trusted to make good decisions on behalf of the business (which includes how, when and where you work).
Apply with your CV and a cover letter before 13:00 on Monday 26 February;
Answer some role-specific situational questions before 13:00 on Wednesday 28 February;
We’ll review completed applications and then get back to everyone at the latest on Monday 5 March, either with feedback about your application or an invitation to interview;
Interviews and assessment will take place from Thursday 22 February, over two weeks, and we intend to make a decision before the end of March.
We’re building a working environment (and recruitment process) where everyone feels welcome and included - we think we’re doing a good job of that so far, but we know can do a lot better, and we’re committed to learning what more we can do to improve. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you’d feel welcome or included at Makers Academy, first, we’re sorry; and second, we’d really like to hear from you about it, so we don’t do it again.
About Makers Academy
Makers Academy is Europe’s first and leading ‘coding bootcamp’ - where career-changers retrain as software developers. Founded in 2013, we’ve helped more than 1,000 people begin a new career in software, building long-term relationships with tech employers big and small.
Salary range £35,000 — 40,000
More like this
- Customer Support for Software (SaaS) at Deskpro
- Senior Digital Marketer at Streamr
- Content Marketing Manager at Digital Risks
- Senior Front-end Developer at Geckoboard
- Front-end Developer at ProdPad
- Lead Product Designer at Farewill
- Full-stack Developer at Benchmark
- Senior Software Engineer/Technical + Team Lead at Hiver
- Front End Developer (React) - Movie Industry at Powster
- Product Designer at Nested