We are looking for a Technology Educator whose biggest strength is clearly communicating technology to a non-technical audience, in-person, and digitally.
You are an energetic, enthusiastic individual with a gift for communication, coding and hacking together digital solutions.
You are a practitioner (i.e. you code) and you relish the chance to explain behind the screen to leaders at organizations like IBM, General Electric and the International Rescue Committee.
You may have a computer science background or better still you’re self-taught because you love it. You are not phased by the need to quickly upskill as new technology emerges, taking pleasure in breaking down complex concepts for a non-technical audience. You’re self-motivated and take initiative within a small tight-knit team.
You chain blocks in your spare time (and you’re happy to Google it and figure it out if not 🎁⛓🤓).
You are eligible to work in the United States, or you are a citizen of the United Kingdom (we’ll bring you over).
This job is in New York, USA with substantial travel through the Americas.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Expertly delivering Decoded course content to clients: Machine Learning, Code, Data Science, Internet of Things, Blockchain, Cybersecurity and Innovation
- Expertly delivering bespoke course and talk content to clients around any technology subject (e.g. neural nets, APIs, VR)
- Refining existing products through review of pedagogy, content and delivery
- Engaging with the tech world and passing that knowledge on to the rest of the team
- Identifying, pitching and speaking at leading industry events
- Additional product-related tasks as needed
- An excellent and charismatic communicator
- Unfazed by the challenge of learning new programming languages, data analysis techniques, and hardware platforms
- Hyper-organized and reliable
- A natural team-player
- Passionate about technology
- Excited by solving business problems, big and small
- A proactive self-starter who likes nothing better than getting things done
- A native English speaker or have bilingual speaking proficiency
Right now, you are itching to:
- Develop your business acumen
- Unleash your creativity in the technology world
- Quickly take on lots of responsibility
- Collaborate with brilliantly smart and charismatic people
- Build proof of concepts around the latest technology and get them in front of senior leaders
A career at Decoded is probably up your street if you:
- Have also thought about working at a tech company, a consultancy or a startup
- Are ready to jump in at the deep-end
- Enjoy traveling
- Are eligible to work in the US or the UK
A career at Decoded is probably NOT up your street if you:
- Crave a structured training scheme
- Need to be told what to work on every day
- Like the idea of working at a big corporation
- Want to work somewhere where every day is the same 9-to-5
- Have a fear of flying
Interested? Eligible to work in the US or the UK? Send an introduction and your resume to [email protected]
Salary range £30,000 — 80,000
Salary dependent on experience - note this is a job in NYC. You must be eligible to work in the United States, or you are a citizen of the United Kingdom (we’ll bring you over).
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Creative Technologist in Data Science 🤓 at Decoded
- Director of Product at Decoded
- Marketing Lead at Dem Dx
- React/Redux developer at Cogent Credit Ltd
- Senior Full Stack Engineer at Flock Ltd
- Full Stack Developer at Canvas
- Customer Success Manager at GatherContent
- Java Developer at Brandwatch
- Back-end Engineer at NearSt
- React Native & Redux Developer at Leika