London, UK / Remote
Pi-A are looking for an UI / UX Designer to work on a smartphone app that improves people’s health and well-being in a fun, innovative way.
About the Job
You will work on an exciting multi-disciplinary project that has just been awarded Innovate UK funding. You will work with doctors, developers and creative technologists to create a unique and engaging app experience. You will be responsible for designing an app user interface that is accessible to everyone, with prototyping and iteration based on patient feedback.
Pi-A have a flexible work environment and are happy for you to work on-site at our workspace in Somerset House in London, remotely, or a hybrid approach. Working hours are flexible and around 40 per week. The role would initially be for 3 months (starting 1st Nov '21), with the possibility of extension.
- You have experience as a UI / UX designer in mobile/app design. You can work in a collaborative environment with people from different disciplines.
- You care about designing elegant user experiences, and deeply consider the interaction between the person and the software / device they are using
- You are empathetic and caring and can apply sensitivity when dealing with things related to people's health
- You enjoy problem-solving and thinking flexibly; you can approach things differently
– You should have a minimum of 2 years of professional UI/UX experience including mobile design
– Experience with a design tool such as Sketch, Figma or Adobe XD for wireframes and prototyping
– You can create ‘looks-like / feels-like’ prototypes that communicate your designs clearly, both visually and verbally
– You must be UK-based with the appropriate UK working visa
– Bachelor’s and / or graduate degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, New Media, Human Computer Interaction, or other relevant degree.
– Experience working in health tech / healthcare design
– Illustration / 3D modelling / AR / VR skills
– Passionate about design / typography / music / art
Pi-A (pea-uh) works at the intersection of design, technology, and medicine to find innovative ways of solving healthcare problems. Founded by doctors, with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, UI/UX designers, architects, animators and musicians, Pi-A moves fluidly between different scales and disciplines. Pi-A puts people at the heart of everything we do to create technology that can be used every day, by everyone.
Pi-A are committed to promoting diversity and equality in all projects and in every aspect of the company. We are committed to being inclusive to everyone. We are dedicated to testing our products across a diverse and representative user group, to ensure they are inclusive and accessible for all ages and demographics.
Please send a CV and a link to examples of your work to [email protected]
Salary range £30,000 — 40,000
Dependent on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Software Engineer at NearSt
- iOS Developer at Pi-A
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Sales Development Representative at Marvel App
- Client Success at VeryConnect
- Senior Software Enginer at Hexarad
- Software Engineer at Hexarad
- Sales Development Representative at PayFit UK
- Customer Success Associate(German Speaking) Remote at ev.energy