Apperio is a VC-backed, SaaS platform to intelligently monitor, measure and manage vital information, communication and activity between GCs and their law firms.
We started Apperio because we believe the business of law deserves a better deal.
Our Founder and CEO, Nicholas d’Adhemar, spent six years working as a lawyer and three years client-side in private equity and experienced first-hand the unnecessary conflict, confusion and cost that often accompanied deals.
We know this experience is all too common but we don’t think it has to be this way. And that’s why we started Apperio.
Our mission is to become an essential part of every lawyer’s everyday work and set new standards of accessibility, accountability and accuracy around legal spend information.
That way, we can free both General Counsels and their law firms from the grind so they can focus on their goals: deepening relationships, developing trust and driving returns.
Based in the heart of London, you’ll be working as part of the Design team.
We are looking for an empathic designer to join our design team and help us build a consistent and beautiful experience for our users across our different touchpoints, help define our design strategy, and spread our design culture within the company.
We aim to deliver an extraordinary user experience which delights our users while fulfilling their needs. After all, we’re designing for humans and emotion plays a fundamental role in our lives.
- Be involved in the overall design process, through research, concept, prototyping, and delivery, but will champion and take ownership of the overall look and feel of the product.
- Contribute to discussions about the product, championing the user experience and brand.
- Help define our visual identity, and make sure it is coherent across different areas including product, sales and marketing.
- Turn wireframes and mockups into pixel perfect prototypes.
- Work on anything visual, ranging from beautiful interfaces (80% of the time) to micro-interactions, infographics, email templates, marketing material or the occasional deck.
- Actively contribute to our pattern library and help define our design system, promoting design guidelines and best practices.
Ultimately, we want you to take ownership of the visual direction of our product and contribute to defining the brand’s look and feel.
- Several years of experience as a UI designer, visual designer, or product designer.
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience.
- Some experience with branding and typography.
- Experience with design systems or pattern libraries.
- Fluent use of Sketch, Creative Cloud, InVision, Framer or other design and prototyping tools.
- A design degree or proven industry experience and a strong portfolio to share with us.
- Motion graphics
Why work with us?
We believe in hiring smart, creative people and giving them the responsibility and autonomy they need to have an impact and be successful.
Our mission at Apperio is to build a product that will transform the legal world, bringing simplicity and transparency to relationships, while having some fun in the process!
We walk the walk internally too - we put a lot of effort into internal communication and transparency. We work in the open. We discuss and share updates on company finances, sales pipeline, the value of the business, the roadmap and the business strategy openly with everyone because we believe people make better local decisions when they have all the information available to them.
At Apperio we respect people's personal lives. We believe people do their best work, and are most productive when they are happy. We are also a team that succeeds or fails together, and we want everyone to share in the success of the business. You can't capture culture in a list of bullet points, but here are some of the basics that we offer:
- Stock options - we want everyone to have a stake in the business.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Flexible working options.
- Regular social events, team lunches and nights out.
- Free snacks, drinks (soft drinks, coffees, Friday beers) and weekly office breakfasts.
- Central office location.
- Only the best equipment - the latest MacBook Pro or MacBook and 27-inch 4K screens.
- Whatever books and learning material you need to learn and grow.
Please include your CV and a link to your portfolio in your application.
Salary range £40,000 — 60,000
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Content Growth Hacker at CharlieHR
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Junior Front-end Developer at ContentCal
- Communications and Content Marketing at Lyvly
- Talent & Culture Partner at Create + Adapt ltd
- Customer Success Manager at Sideways 6
- Co-Founder/Partner at Integrated Digital Growth Agency
- Customer Support Associate at OurPath
- Product Designer at Nested