Lifebit is building the world’s first intelligent genomics platform that understands DNA data and generates meaningful insights.
After graduating from Techstars London 2017, we closed $3 million in seed round funding, and we now have contracts and engagements with over 30+ different organisations, from the biggest pharma companies in the world, to government orgs, startups and SMEs, and research institutes.
We are building a cloud-based cognitive system that can reason about DNA data like humans do. This offers researchers/R&D professionals, and their corresponding organisations (ie. pharmas), a highly scalable, modular and reproducible system that automates the analysis processes, learns from the data and provides actionable insights.
We believe that a great user experience is at the heart of any successful product. We are looking for a Designer, with UX and web application design experience as well as an affinity to visualisations to join us.
As the Lead Designer you will work closely with the Product and Engineering teams on shaping our platform. Initially, you will be driving thoughtful and independent design, focused on UX for the platform we are building. As products grow and evolve, you will be expected to build, train and lead a team of talented designers.
Our target audience consists broadly of bioinformaticians so we also appreciate technical backgrounds, geekiness or interest in biotech.
Day to Day
• Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
• Researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences.
• Designing and delivering wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups.
• Rapidly testing and iterating your designs.
• 3+ years of UX design experience working with data analysis platforms, or similar.
• Experience with Sketch, InVision and such is a must.
• Strategically create new features and functionality based on user stories and behaviour.
• UX design best practices.
• Solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
• Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
• Familiarity with work management tools: Git.
More about the team:
Lifebit’s founding team has over 30 years of combined experience in the field - they know first-hand what the need is and how to build the right technological solution to address its pain-points. Prior to founding Lifebit, they worked on building the programming language that is predominantly used in the genomics world to develop applications that are faster and better at analysing DNA data - Nextflow (https://www.nextflow.io/) published on Nature Biotechnology.
Nextflow’s quick and overreaching adoption shows the urgent need the industry faces for a solution that addresses the increasing computational and big data challenges related to any genomics analysis.
All above requirements and specs are just an indication of what we’re looking for. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know.
Salary range £35,000 — 50,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- React & React Native Developer at ev.energy
- Senior Account Executive at Textio
- Software developer at Applied
- Development Operations (DevOps) Specialist at Cambridge Cancer Genomics (CCG.ai)
- Full Stack Lead at Stairway
- Project Manager at Stairway
- Frontend Developer at Goss
- Operations & Finance Manager at My Method Ltd
- Head of Growth at Honest Health
- Cultural Database Manager at Codec