About the role...
As a core member of our design team, initially you will be required to wear a number of hats: UX guru, interface artist and creative. Reporting to our Director of Product and Marketing, you'll be working closely with our Head of Front End and Product Managers. You'll have ample opportunities to work on several areas in the development of our product. From scoping and planning design projects to performing core UX research activities and executing all design stages, you'll have a pivotal role in the progress and improvement of our product. This is an exciting opportunity to build your extended skillset and a more senior design position within our company.
- Scoping and planning design projects, including timelines and milestones, in line with the product roadmap and other core company deadlines. The initial project will be scheduling and availability logic.
- Executing UX design stages from concept to final hand-off to the development team, with deliverables including information architecture, interaction maps, prototypes and annotated wireframes
- Performing core UX research activities (driving stakeholder and customer interviews; creating competitive analysis reports, personas, journey maps and storyboards; performing user testing and usability testing; etc.)
- Review of Mobile App component library
- Coordinating with external design resources where required
- Iterating upon output, according to feedback
- Delivering just-in-time with just-in-time information
Possible additional responsibilities (dependent on skills):
- Executing UI design stages from concept to final hand-off to the development team, with deliverables including visual design styling and design specs
- Building on our existing visual identity, branding and creatives
- Working with the marketing team to produce engaging digital and print materials, as well as landing pages
- Working with the Director of Product and Marketing to plan for and hire additional designers, with potential to manage junior resources
Key skills and experiences:
The successful candidate will:
- Love all things design, with a deep understanding of digital design best practices
- Have extensive experience in customer-facing digital product design, ideally including products designed for individuals with medium to low levels of technical expertise
- Be experienced in working with an operational team to design tools which streamline their day-to-day workflows
- Have an excellent design toolkit, with the ability communicate UX thinking clearly and completely: Sketch, InVision, Marvel preferred over Photoshop and InDesign
- Be self-driven, hyper-organised and comfortable juggling multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a good understanding of basic marketing principles and social media, and how they impact design choices
- Exhibit a strong and diverse aesthetic, with an eye for clean and artful design
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Understanding of HTML5 and CSS
What's in it for you...
At SuperCarers we invest in our team. We appreciate a hard worker when we see one, and support them towards building their successes through regular training opportunities. Everyone who is part of the SuperCarers family has a passion and drive to transform care. Located in Old Street, opposite Monzo, we promote an honest and open environment where everyone’s views are valued. With loads of team social and activities we’re a fun bunch to work with. Not to mention we also offer a competitive salary and share options to keep you well connected to our brand and company.
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Content Growth Hacker at CharlieHR
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Junior Front-end Developer at ContentCal
- Communications and Content Marketing at Lyvly
- Talent & Culture Partner at Create + Adapt ltd
- Customer Success Manager at Sideways 6
- Co-Founder/Partner at Integrated Digital Growth Agency
- Customer Support Associate at OurPath
- Product Designer at Nested