Our mission is to help software companies succeed - enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $17m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
About the role
As a Sales Development Representative in our sales team, you’ll be essential to helping us achieve our ambitious growth plans. This is an exciting time for you to join: as we continue to source leads to deliver an increasingly strong pipeline across a broad range of industries.
We’re seeking a candidate who is eager to gain experience in a high-growth tech startup. You should be passionate about technology & software in order to understand Paddle’s solution, and the problems we solve for our customers.
You should be enthusiastic and ambitious, with a desire to learn the outbound sales process from start to finish. In time, graduating from the LDR role into a Business Development Representative position at Paddle.
What you'll do
It will be your task to provide our Sales Team with a constant and diverse range of leads, who meet our existing ideal customer profiles (ICPs). We promise you won't be asked to do cold-calling. You'll also be working alongside the team to identify new markets for Paddle.
In your time as an LDR you’ll develop a full and comprehensive understanding of the sales process:
- How to source potential clients for Paddle – identifying leads, what are the red flags, and what are the attributes we look for in an “ideal customer”?
- Market mapping and helping to identify new markets
- Analysing websites and their checkout processes in order to establish their market fit
Initially, you’ll be tasked with ensuring there are enough qualified leads at the top of our sales funnel while developing a strong understanding of the full sales cycle.
- A strong interest in tech, startups, and software.
- Highly competent on both macOS & Windows platforms.
- Bonus: Familiarity with CRMs such as Close.io, Pipedrive, Salesforce, Zoho.
- Basic understanding of eCommerce providers such as Stripe, Braintree, PayPal, Cleverbridge.
What’s in it for you
We are a diverse team of 100 people (quickly on our way to 180+) based near London Bridge. We care deeply about enabling a great culture as we scale, which is inclusive no matter your background, rewarding for you and enables high performance, which is why we offer these (constantly evolving) benefits:
- Fair compensation: you’ll get a competitive salary, share options to succeed if we do, and pension contributions matched up to 3%.
- Empowered to succeed: the transparent culture where you can speak up and have an impact, work the way you prefer whether it’s the latest Macbook, a standing desk or flexible hours, and 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Meaningful work: highly collaborative work culture with a tangible impact of your work on our success and that of our customers.
- Enjoyable teamwork: very friendly and respectful culture, lots of free food from a welcome team meal to Tuesday catered lunches to Friday drinks and your pick of social activities, whether you want to join our football team, in-office yoga lessons or board game nights.
- Learning & growing: constant exposure to new challenges as we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, dedicated onboarding as well as regular internal and external training we’ll pay for.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Back-end developer at Browser
- Director of Education at Nomad MBA
- Lead Software Engineer - with CTO potential at Grow Biotech plc
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Lyvly
- Customer Service Executive at Lyvly
- Strategic Business Development Manager at Gravity Sketch
- Software Engineer at Alterest
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites